Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
OBW fabric.  How did I do? >

OBW fabric. How did I do?

OBW fabric. How did I do?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Wonderful final layout Dixie! I love it when the pattern density is concentrated on one side of the quilt and the designs kind of whirl off into more open area. You are blessed to have such a great BFF!

Caroline - I sure hope someday one or two (or three) of my kids take up quilting and we can brainstorm together on quilts too. Be sure to keep us all posted once Charismah quilts your daughter's beautfiul OBW!

Dixie that is really funny that you already have two more planned. But my two of my first three quilts were OBWs, so I should talk.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Wonderful final layout Dixie! I love it when the pattern density is concentrated on one side of the quilt and the designs kind of whirl off into more open area. You are blessed to have such a great BFF!

Caroline - I sure hope someday one or two (or three) of my kids take up quilting and we can brainstorm together on quilts too. Be sure to keep us all posted once Charismah quilts your daughter's beautfiul OBW!

Dixie that is really funny that you already have two more planned. But my two of my first three quilts were OBWs, so I should talk.
I love that look too, Lara! I think I was trying to get it there before BFF came last night but wasn't sure how to. She made those changes without me telling her what I was going for. She isn't even into sewing...let alone quilts. She just has a really great style. I'm so grateful to have her!

There are 2 more I want to try. I'm doing a project that got pushed aside by my OBW mania, first though. Maybe by the time I finish my chevron quilt for my bed, I will have seen something else "shiny" and decide I have to go another direction. It's all speculation since I can't plan past lunchtime.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 AM

Pretty fabrics!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 AM

I don't doubt you will do more. I bought a small chunk of fabric to try it out with, made a few hexagons.... searched out more of the fabric to make more hexagons. Made a handful of other OBW hexagon quilts, got my 6 year old dd and her friend started on 4 patch posies, did a couple stack and whacks.. and I have I think 3 more hunks of fabric waiting for me. Next is octagons Have to count my repeats to see which fabric I have enough of, actually going to go do that right now

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
I love that look too, Lara! I think I was trying to get it there before BFF came last night but wasn't sure how to. She made those changes without me telling her what I was going for. She isn't even into sewing...let alone quilts. She just has a really great style. I'm so grateful to have her!

There are 2 more I want to try. I'm doing a project that got pushed aside by my OBW mania, first though. Maybe by the time I finish my chevron quilt for my bed, I will have seen something else "shiny" and decide I have to go another direction. It's all speculation since I can't plan past lunchtime.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 AM

My Dear, I stand by my words, Artist!!!. I just saw the final plan, it is a lovely "master piece". I am looking for the fabric to start one. As in all works of art we are moved to feel something and you have made me feel I must try this, Thank you.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 AM

Gorgeous fabric for a OBW. You did a great job cutting!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 AM

I really like how you got so much variety into the hex's and how they have a nice flowery shape - I too am looking for a mega-buy on fabric so I can try an OBW
Please do keep us posted!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:38 AM

Dixie - take a peak at this lovely OBW created by dilyn here on the board! She kept her edges zigzagged and added a beautiful border treatment! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...l-t111439.html
Old 01-07-2012, 10:44 AM

Do you still have the selvage from the fabric, I'd love to know what it is. I've been looking for this color combination for a blooming nine patch but would NEVER have imagined that the fabric you found would have resulted in the hexagons you've created!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Wonderful fabric choice!!! IT's going to be striking!!!