Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 AM

I do like it here so will stay with this forum. I worked it out with myself to just let what happened go.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Deb, I just stop checking out a thread when everything has been said and it's up to you to know when to just move on to the next thread. I guess if you have never been made to feel left out you might not know how much it hurts and this is just a place to vent. Most threads are full of things to learn and quilting to share so just keep checking in. all the threads are worth shareing.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
I do like it here so will stay with this forum. I worked it out with myself to just let what happened go.
I think Quilt4U just neeeded to vent a little. We can all feel her pain as everyone has been stepped on one time or the other. We have some good times here. Quite a few of our ladies post a lot of how 2's. Cutebuns is always doing tutorials & Rhonda does an excellent job with hers. Rhonda will even mail you her tiny templates just for asking. A lot of our members are always posting sites for new & unusal patterns. Butterflywing is always good for a joke, pics or quilt sites. Please stay & hoping things will get to your liking. If I left anybody out that does lots of stuff I'm sorry. Just thinking off the top of my head. Wouldn't it be fun if we could have a jamboree like the boy scouts but call it the Quilting Jamboree. We could find one good spot that everybody could travel in to & just have a ball. sewing, visiting, creating or whatever. Oh & the guys can come too.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM

P.S. I don't read every posting. Not enough hours in the day. I just check new topics & see what interst me the most. I might just comment once & unwatch.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 PM

I made up my mind I have a guild where I can come any time day or night and not just for quilting . Here is my guild and a part of my familey. We all do not have to agree with each other but we sure stick up for each other and give our surport. Thanks I just need to vent I have been made to feel left out all my life Exsept here Thanks again.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 PM

A jamboree would be so much fun! We can all get busy and sew some quilts together to sell and pay for the trip.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned

you can find girls in your town right here, just post it and I bet you will find fellow quilters.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM

I just cannot believe they can have a no men rule. I know that Rotary was forced by law to allow women because it had a no women rule. I was one of the first they let in after they had to.

Reminds me of when my hubby applied for a part time job at the little "local" hospital. My husband is a male massage therapist and he mostly works in the city with the big university hospitals. The interviewer actually said how impressed she was with his credentials but that she was looking specifically for a FEMALE employee and wasnt interested in hiring him.

Now you can think that but you cannot say that!

The following week when my hubby was playing golf with the CEO of the local hospital, he decided to discuss this little tidbit with him. My hubby said that he was not interested in suing the hospital but that another person just might be. The CEO about had a stroke right there. She didnt have a job the next day.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 PM

My Mother always told us as children "Ignorance can be excused, but rudeness never." She was a smart lady.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 PM

Wow! It is shocking how rude people can be. Quilters, as a rule, are geneally very nice and friendly. I have to repeat: WOW! I am sorry for you that they made you feel that way. Their loss.