Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:33 PM

I haven't even been in this thread, I don't think, so haven't followed, but I agree- stay! I am on other boards having to do with dogs and rescue and I get so sick of the sniping I rarely go. I find so much better company here. I am not one that frequently posts if I have nothing to add or say, but the combined knowledge of quilting of this group of people is phenomenal, and their kindnesses far outweigh an individual's bad day.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Besides, what other group of people would share my joy at buying a 50 year old pink sewing machine? Ya gotta have quilty friends, and I tend to be a loner and not join groups locally, so this is great for me.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM

I rejoined after being absent for a couple of years. Joined about 6 -7 months ago. First thing they were looking for a new raffle coordinator, I volunteered for it, then I was asked to me the new treasurer starting in August. This quild is very cliquie, I am choosing to just ignor it.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:03 AM

Not just quilt groups are like this. I moved to a new area, went to a new church, and sat down. Was told I couldn't sit there because so and so always sits there. Each time I moved I was told the same thing. Apparently they have their 'cliques' who always sit together in the same seats. I ended up sitting right up the back. Anyone I said hello to after the service when we were having a cup of tea/coffee, just looked at me and grunted. Felt like saying that "I can get a grunt out of a pig any time I poke it", but decided not to lower myself to their level. Needless to say, I never went back.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:43 AM

Aussie, How Terrible. How ungodly of those people. I don't go to "my" church any more and I know I should. No one speaks to me and I know that is a two way street, but my dear, dear friend died about twenty years ago now...of breast cancer....and when I go I sit there and am reminded of her and it makes me soooo sad. Need to go somewhere, but churches are sometimes soooo unfriendly and nobody needs that. Isn't it a shame!!! I've heard of people doing the very same thing in "my" church...telling visitors they're in the wrong seat. I think I would get up and leave if someone asked me to move!!! What are they thinking!!! Sorry that happened to you!!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I remember when I belonged to this HUGE church, X husband was a long distance trucker, so me and 3 small children went to church alone. The memebers would sit at the edge of the isles and refuse to move over to let people with kids sit near them. REALLY felt like telling them off, but since this WAS CHURCH, lol...............
Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Isn't it funny how you can find a horse's behind no matter where you look, be it church, quilt guilds or whatever. Even the little kids baseball teams are like this. In one of the local schools here certain teachers get all the rich kids or more well to do & if your not up & coming with the principal you get all the less fortune children. Those that are poor, don't speak very much english or considered problem get all grouped together so the poor teacher has trouble teaching because of all the setbacks. These children get left behind because teacher can't always focus on learning for having to deal with disipline & diabilities. This really a shame for all considerd. Sorry got off topic but you can see it is taught.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
P.S. I don't read every posting. Not enough hours in the day. I just check new topics & see what interst me the most. I might just comment once & unwatch.
Glad you posted this. There is SO much good, interesting stuff on this Board, it can become overwhelming. And, then there are the times I just have the urge to comment on something but then realize I'm already "subscribed" to too many threads and don't have time to follow all of them for very long. Working full-time certainly gets in the way, sometimes, not that I'm complaining!!! :shock:
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM

I'd be inclined to say "this seat belongs to the Lord" and He chose me to sit here today". Easy to say right here...
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa
I'd be inclined to say "this seat belongs to the Lord" and He chose me to sit here today". Easy to say right here...
:thumbup: