Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 PM

Hi Barb:
Got first section finished and most of 2nd. I think I should get the gold medal for the most ripping out in any quilt. LOL This is all due to changing machines in mid-stream. So remember folks check the foot before starting on the second machine. Oh well I guess it will be okay. I'm a beginner in this kind of sewing.
Betty
Old 05-03-2010, 06:11 PM

I'm glad you are persistent in the seam matching. Would be a shame to do all that work and not have it as close as possible. If I had a Gold Medal, I would give it to you. I'll look and see if I have one around here someplace.

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Hi Barb:
Got first section finished and most of 2nd. I think I should get the gold medal for the most ripping out in any quilt. LOL This is all due to changing machines in mid-stream. So remember folks check the foot before starting on the second machine. Oh well I guess it will be okay. I'm a beginner in this kind of sewing.
Betty
Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 AM

i am excited to see some more quilts pop up.. barb has inspired me so much i am in tne progress of doing another one in purples and blues.. i wanted to see if i could do it all on my own with picking materials.. i think i am happy so far.. i will post when i get the next two panels sewn up.
i will then get the backing on and start the quilting process of two bargellos !!!!
thank you barb !!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Your funny. By the way what will be the finished size of this quilt? Will there be any further instructions on the next step after the 4 sections are sewn?
Betty
Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 AM

Way to go Colleen. Can't wait to see what you are doing all on your own.
After this, you will be able to chart out your own design on graph paper, do the math, number and color in the squares and for beginning if you keep to three or four repeats of strip sets, you will be able do do them in sections. There is an amazing number of designs you could make.
Originally Posted by colleen53
i am excited to see some more quilts pop up.. barb has inspired me so much i am in tne progress of doing another one in purples and blues.. i wanted to see if i could do it all on my own with picking materials.. i think i am happy so far.. i will post when i get the next two panels sewn up.
i will then get the backing on and start the quilting process of two bargellos !!!!
thank you barb !!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by bbeyes
Your funny. By the way what will be the finished size of this quilt? Will there be any further instructions on the next step after the 4 sections are sewn?
Betty
The finished size will be about 75x 88 without borders.
you decide if you want to border it or leave this size. I think once you post a photo in the message thread titled sewing the sections together or the one for finished tops, we can discuss what might be best for your quilt regarding borders.

This trophy has been awarded to bbeyes for her persistence in matching 2156 seams in a bargello quilt

keep going Betty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43817[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-43817.jpe  
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 AM

congrats betty !! wtg !!! woo hooo !!!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 AM

Thanks Barb, not sure they ALL match but pretty close.
Section 2 finished and can now really see the wave, I think I told you I used blues and pinks, whats done looks bright and cheery.
Betty
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM

You seem to be doing really good too. How close are you to finishing your top?
Betty
Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Thank you Barb for doing this tute for us all!

I am learning a lot. I now have a design that I think I am going to work with going with the strips I already have sewn together. I just have to take a day and cut my strips to form the loops. Here is the new diagram that I think I am going to go with.

Kyia
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67204.jpe