Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED >

Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED

Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED

Old 09-21-2010, 11:25 AM

How did you do it so fast??????????????? My friend and I figured you had at least 500 baggies. It would have been hard for me not to stop and look/touch each one!! And think about what I could do with them. I would zone out or run to get a pattern I was thinking of.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 PM

An Early Happy Birthday to Sadiemae and Ajonkarl...I won't have time on Thursday.

The reason I got the swap out as planned was because the last few steps, which I thought I couldn't get done today, were not as time consuming as I thought. I didn't do every step of the swap today...I'm 'good' but not that good! LOL

I have been working on the swap over the past week ... opening the packages ... making notes about each package ... PMing people ... keeping the thread and activities board up to date ... thinking of how to actually swap it ... clearing off a big enough area to *s-p-r-e-a-d--o-u-t* ... lining things up ... going to the post office for supplies and information ... getting more large plastic bags and labeling them (some didn't include) ... making mailing labels ... lining things up one more time ... and began swapping.

I loved every minute (except when I had to enforce the rules). Thanks for joining!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM

I'm looking forward to receiving mine also. This last week of waiting for my Dad to pass and praying it would be quick and pain free, then making all the funeral and church service arrangements have been draining. I am mentally and emotionally exhausted and will be so happy to get a nice surprise when I leave here on Saturday. Thank you to all of you who participated and to all of you who have been living this nightmare with me. Thank heavens he had his funeral arrangements already made, all the way down to the obituary. Thanks for hanging in there with me ladies and encouraging me as best you could. Quilters have the biggest hearts and are some of the most spiritual people I know. Continue to keep us in your prayers. God Bless, Cherie
Old 09-21-2010, 08:58 PM

I agree with you. I would have wanted to take them out and check out each one. At least there's ONE advantage to taking on the task.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
An Early Happy Birthday to Sadiemae and Ajonkarl...I won't have time on Thursday.

The reason I got the swap out as planned was because the last few steps, which I thought I couldn't get done today, were not as time consuming as I thought. I didn't do every step of the swap today...I'm 'good' but not that good! LOL

I have been working on the swap over the past week ... opening the packages ... making notes about each package ... PMing people ... keeping the thread and activities board up to date ... thinking of how to actually swap it ... clearing off a big enough area to *s-p-r-e-a-d--o-u-t* ... lining things up ... going to the post office for supplies and information ... getting more large plastic bags and labeling them (some didn't include) ... making mailing labels ... lining things up one more time ... and began swapping.

I loved every minute (except when I had to enforce the rules). Thanks for joining!
If anyone has any unique patterns for what to do with a noodle design, please feel free to share. It's actually your obligation. :roll: LOL
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 PM

Of course there is so many jelly roll ideas at Moda Bake Shop but I'm thinking of It's a Hoot http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/free_patterns
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 PM

Beautiful. Looks like a good one to try. Let me know if you have any pointers. Thx
Old 09-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
maybe one day the post office will be like the banks...they finally started staying open past four oclock and we even have some that are open until 2 or 3 on Saturday....I remember when the banks all used to close the lobby at 3 and the drive in at 4.... LOL
Not to out do you but I remember when there wasn't any drive through at all!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 AM

I got 'em! I got 'em! Hot off the mail truck! :thumbup:

I'll look at them better this evening when I get up (night shift), but they look great, just glancing over them! Woo hoo! :mrgreen:
Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Thanks you so much Quiltinghere - You did a great job.
I got my noodles today and they are beautiful.
Thanks to Quilter girl, Gertz, Stitinluvr, KatFish, Anniec55, Proudgranny5, Branda21, Aunt Retta, Kathy, Janceejan, Ann63, and one unmarked.
Love them all