Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP and Encouragement >

HELP and Encouragement

HELP and Encouragement

Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 AM

I read some of the other replys. My feelings also. You're alive, keep active and rejoice that you can use your intelligence and creativity. It is so sad to see persons that are not able to move and in my view have no quality of life. Who am I to decide if the person is happy and able to communicate with their creator that is exceptional quality of life.
Check out "Quilts for Kids" 11 Effingham road, Yardley Pa. 10967
phone# 215-295-5484 Web address www.quiltsforkids.org. See if their needs fit your desire. Happy Quilting
Old 10-07-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I'm sending a message of encouragement by the boatload!!!! Everyone needs a creative outlet, a hobby, a way to spend spare time..... so many people enjoy tv - I think it is a waste of time - some men golf and/or hunt - I don't enjoy that - lots of folks like to run - I really don't get that! - some people cook and bake - I don't like to cook, but love to eat! :D some people spend time at bars - that is more expensive that quilting! my DH likes to ride his motorcycle - I'll go sometimes....My point is this - if you enjoy it, do it! Why not?!!! It is your money - your time - YOUR HOBBY - are you hurting anyone by quilting? NO, of course not. Would you be unhappy if you stopped quilting? SOOOO .... quilt and be happy!
I second this opinion. There will always be someone that will love to have a quilt. Maybe just right now. And one day, when your gone, your daughter will love looking at the things you have made. I once thought some of the things my mom made me before she pasted away, were not at all practical or nice for that matter, but I would not take anything for them now. Love to look at them and think about her......
Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Your daughter has no clue. Quilting is an art of expression, and a mental and physical release of creativity. Have you ever heard of a frustrated artist. Well, I feel it is in our blood to use
our creativity the way we feel fulfulled, and quilting is mine. If
I didn't have my quilting I think I would go crazy. It is a to encourage and inspire others, you need to belong to a group, so
like people can encourage you. Check into the Senior Homes, and any quilt shops or guilds, they will embrase your talents and
you will not be alone in your passion.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 AM

Also, have you tried the disappearing nine patch pattern, it is very addicting.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:16 AM

My pastor told me a long time ago, God rewards those that create. Amen. I have over 200 quilts, I keep making them with no one in mind, I love quilting, I will never stop.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:19 AM

I was browsing thru a local thrift store and there were two quilts in the "pet bedding" section. I looked them over and decided that they were better than that. They were really old, cotton batting and old style colors. I got them both for $6. They aren't spectacular or eye catching in color but they are quilts with lots of love in them. I use them as couch covers. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and quilters "behold" a lot of beauty. My daughters all love my quilts and my dolls. Like someone else said, maybe you should try to get your daughter to sit and quilt with you just one time and see if it changes her thinking. linda
Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Let me tell you a little story. I make quilts for a group in town here.This group donates the quilts we make to either the local hospital, the "Make a Wish Foundation" . or gives them to kids who have been taken out of abusive homes . One of the girls was placed in a foster home and did not like it and ran away and the only thing she took with her was the quilt that had been made by our group!!! That quilt was the only posession she had that was hers!
I would say "GO FOR IT GIRL!! There are a lot of people who need you.Contact you local hospital or ask any church and you will find out in a hurry who needs your quilts . They'll love for it . Keep up the good work . Bobby in Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz county. California
Old 10-07-2010, 09:57 AM

You just made chills run up my spine.
Originally Posted by Bobby
Let me tell you a little story. I make quilts for a group in town here.This group donates the quilts we make to either the local hospital, the "Make a Wish Foundation" . or gives them to kids who have been taken out of abusive homes . One of the girls was placed in a foster home and did not like it and ran away and the only thing she took with her was the quilt that had been made by our group!!! That quilt was the only posession she had that was hers!
I would say "GO FOR IT GIRL!! There are a lot of people who need you.Contact you local hospital or ask any church and you will find out in a hurry who needs your quilts . They'll love for it . Keep up the good work . Bobby in Ben Lomond, Santa Cruz county. California
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Obviously your daughter is not a quilter. It is a wonderful craft and if you feel the need, law inforcement can use quilts to give to children who are being removed from their homes. This is realy a rewarding thing. I did it a few years ago and they were so greatful to get them. Also belive QUILTS FOR KIDS is another worthy cause, as well as our veterans in military hosp.

SEW KEEP ON QUILTING, DEAR FRIEND!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Thank you for this reply...can i ask a question? Are those 200 quilts quilted or are they the tops?God Bless Quilters!!