Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP and Encouragement >

HELP and Encouragement

HELP and Encouragement

Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 PM

I agree with the others here in that if you can afford it, it isn't harming your health & you obviously love it...then continue to do what you love to do! There are those that think quilting is dumb. Okay it isn't their thing. Golfing isn't mine, but I respect those that love it. Like the other's, there are all sorts of places you can give to. Or make a bunch and take them to a Craft Show or Festival & try to recoup some of your cash. Or have your own Quilt Sale for people to purchase your quilts. But really, if you love doing it, keep on doing it & to heck with those that think it is a waste. And it is cheaper than a Mental Hosp. or a Nursing Home. We have to do things to use our brains to keep us going. Use it or lose it type of thing. Enjoy! It is much better for you than hanging out in bars also. LOL

{{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}
Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 AM

I haven't read the whole thread, but it seems to me that your DD and BF is seeking a little attention and TLC of her own. Perhaps you could encourage her to work along with you one of your quilts. Then she might begin to "get it." If quilting is what gives you pleasure and a feeling of purpose, then I encourage you to continue. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 AM

This is excellent!!!! I am sending this to my quilter friends who are not on this board. For those who love to quilt yet on a tight budget, this is prefect!!!
Originally Posted by irma tapia
I would donate the childs quilt to Quilts For Kids. They are very sicl kids in the hospital that would love your quilts. Go to www.Quiltsforkids.org.

I know what you mean about the love of quilting, I', the same way. I buy fabric just because I like it. Quilting for the kids gives me pleasure as well as doing what I love. The foundation supplies the fabric...pre cut as well! All you do is give of your time and supply the batting.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:02 AM

It is not possible to have too many quilts in this world. It is also not true that no one wants them. It doesn't matter what they look like, it you took the time and love doing it, there is love built into each and every one. Mention it to all relatives and friends and at church or where you visit often. You wouldn't believe how many people would LOVE to wrap up in a quilt full of LOVE. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:09 AM

I agree with everyone!!!!!! KEEP ON QUILTING!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM

Hi,

I assume your DD doesn't quilt. That means she doesn't or isn't able to appreciate what and why you cut up perfectly good fabric and sew it back together again.

I recommend that you look this site up. It should also be listed on the Green Fairy Quilts site. It is a trip that the Green Fairy and her husband recently took to Romania to bring quilts to children and families that people had made and donated for this specific trip.

Warning, have a kleenex box nearby, turn up your volume. It will open your eyes to the generousity of quilters from all over and it will especially open your eyes as to how many, many in the world would love to have a quilt of any type. I know your heart will be touched and that it will give you new motivation. Look how beautiful, probably expensive and definitely creative quilters have been.

After you view this video, watch it with your daughter. It may give her new insight and appreciation for what you do and enjoy. God bless you and may your heart be encouraged each time you sit down to sew!!! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruV5A...layer_embedded
Oops! Forgot to put the site in:

o
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 AM

Hi, I'm new here, been reading and looking for years. I just want to tell you to keep on doing what you like to do. My husband it a great guy. Never complains about what I spend or my choices about buying things. But he just can't understand that I love to sew and he feels that the time put into quilting is wasted. When he goes to auctions or yard sales and quilts sell for $1.00 or $2.00 he feels no one values them. He doesn't understand that I value them, and that there ARE other people who value them also. I guess you just have to be a quilter to understand. Keep making your quilts. Finish the one you started, put it back and eventually you will have it ready when that special person appears that it is meant for. Don't let your daughters opinion sway you from doing what you love. I know she isn't trying to be mean and I think that you two have something special when you both feel you can honestly say what you think to each other. Keep sewing and creating lovely quilts and don't be so hard on yourself. Re-think selling some of your masterpieces if you need to open space for new ones. I'm surprised at what I've seen for sale. People eat them up!
Hope I've helped you some.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 AM

I can not say it any better than what has been said already. Please do not quit quilting and please, please let us know if we have encouraged you to keep on. The world needs all the quilters it can get..good, bad or just learning. We make the world a better place, one quilt at time. :-)
Sending warm quilting hugs!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 AM

Quilting is a labor of love. I don't know anyone that doesn't

want to be wrapped in love, and that is exactly what quilts do,

they combine warmth and love to comfort a person who may be

sick,morning a death or someone just needing encouragement

by being shown they are not alone and that someone cares!!

Keep QUILTING and share your loving and giving works to all!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:18 AM

I read some of the other replys. My feelings also. You're alive, keep active and rejoice that you can use your intelligence and creativity. It is so sad to see persons that are not able to move and in my view have no quality of life. Who am I to decide if the person is happy and able to communicate with their creator that is exceptional quality of life.
Check out "Quilts for Kids" 11 Effingham road, Yardley Pa. 10967
phone# 215-295-5484 Web address www.quiltsforkids.org. See if their needs fit your desire. Happy Quilting