Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM

Please count me in as well! I need the motivation.
How cute and appropriate the prize is "FAT quarters" ...
:shock:
Lori
Old 12-31-2010, 12:22 PM

I am in again, just waiting to see who I seng the fat qtr to for dec, I gained 4 lbs :(
Rae
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lucymae
Thanks. any suggestions where to get started with pilates?
Most gyms offer pilates classes. You can also find pilate dvd's on amazon or ebay.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Originally Posted by fivepaws
Not replying just wondering if anyone else needs to lose 100 lbs? Are there any of you in for the really long haul. I just turned 70 and started to gain when I was 30 (great depression over that b'day for some reason) anyway, it just kept coming on. Oh, I would lose 30-50 lbs and gain it back plus some more........I know!! How can I be so unhealthy and I am a nurse. I hate the E word with a passion so guess I will have to start walking. I am sure hoping you all can help me do this. I know, I have to do it myself just need that push. Lynne
I too am a nurse and can tell you everything you need to know about diet and exercise,so it is a do as I say not as I do thing for me.I hate exercising alone but that is how it is going to have to be if I want to achieve better health.My girlfriend who is a nurse opted for gastric by pass and has lost 100 lb. and won't exercise with me.She took the easy way out and I just can't do that.I need to lose 75lb but will be happy with 30.I am easy to please.I just have to find motivation somewhere!
Same here, as a critical care nurse I see obesity kill every bit as much as other diseases, yet here I am at 5'3 and 220 give or take a few lbs. I have lost and gained 50- 70 plus pounds twice,but it is just recently I have felt the weight take a tool on my wellbeing.I really got to do this not to just look good this time but to feel good and scare away diabetes, high BP, heart attack and all the other assortment of killers.

As far as weight loss surgery, I have seen many gain that back too....no kidding.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lucymae
Thanks. any suggestions where to get started with pilates?
Yes............amazon.com has the resistance bands. the best to start with and I posted it yesterday is called a .......everlast for her 4 way ab stretch. everlast is 20% off once it is put in the cart. the cost is less then $10 plus shipping unless you spend $25 then it is free shipping. It could be $25 on any amazon.com stuff not just pilates. I think the sale ends today. It comes with an instruction sheet. The reason I like that one so much is it has a covering over the tubing and the chances of it snaping are probably 0. I have in the past had all the other resistance bands and 1 snaped. They do have covered bands but they are more expensive then the 1 I mentioned above. The other reason I like it is you can do amny many things with it since it is 4 way as oppose to a single reststance band. There is a THICK band called pilates total fitness that one is also good. Cost around $10 The other thing I like is a thigh toner. Everlast has 1 which is also around $10 at amazon.com with the 20% off. So for $30 and free shipping you will be all set to do pilates and NOT SWEAT. There are also DVD's but i don't have any. I just follow the included instructions and do my own thing. I hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:39 PM

I had a friend that had weight loss surgery, did great. 10 years later he was in multiple organ failure, had a liver and kidney transplant and now has all his weight plus.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
BMP

OK I have jsut caught up on al the posts since yesterday..you gals are chatty !!!

I am a WW life time member but have gone by the way side since last spring, taking care of my Mother and not planning meals ETC.

I am ready to get back to business and get abck to where I was last year at this time.

I dont want to re-join WW they have changed their plan again and I am just not ready to revamp all that was ingrained in my head about the last plan so pooo on them !

I see my DH has gone to the store today and must have bought 1 of every junk food thing there was. I guess I am going to stay out of the family room later and maybe sew a little.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMP
OK I have jsut caught up on al the posts since yesterday..you gals are chatty !!!
LOL...........you aint seen nothing yet.......Missy and Carrie are being good they don't want to frighted the newbies. If you read the rules I stated we go off topic A LOT, that is what makes it so much fun. Carrie and I have lost around 30lb since we started and Missy over 50 so we must be doing something right. We are the 3 that comment the most OFF TOPIC!!!! :lol: :lol: Most of the other regulars have lost a ton of weight too. Funny none of us had much success before and now we are all doing great. Isn't that right LADIES??????
Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM

From what I have read to lose weight and keep it off, you need a support group, journal your food daily and exercise, at least 150 minutes a week. The exercise can be done in increments as little as 10 minutes.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:43 PM

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-calories.html