Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 PM

I am back, yesterday was in hosp for tests all day, didn't get home until after 7 from the travel and today I have been whooped, so tired. They haven't told me anything about the tests (of course!) but they let me go home from the hospital, which is always a positive sign.

Tomorrow hubby and I are trying to make turnip pickles. He is collecting glass jars right now to ready us. I don't think this will be as crazy hard as he does, the recipe just says to boil the vinegar, water and salt and pour over the turnips and beets in the glass jar. It takes a long while to cut up the turnips but we don't have to double process as they go in the fridge. I had these once at a restaurant and I'm trying to duplicate the recipe.

I have done no physical activity today, just slept and cruised the internet.

Tomorrow I want to quilt some. I started the next two big flowers on my gfg while waiting at the hospital. It takes 1 center, 6 petals, 12 leaves, 18 paths and then...well, I don't know what is next because I don't have the 9 total "flowers" made yet. 3 down, 2 started, 4 to go.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 PM

So happy to hear from Nancia and MJ.

Nancia.......you know we are here for you when you get down in the dumps. I am glad you chose water to drown your sorrows in instead of something else.

MJ....yes it is always positive when the let you leave the hospital after a days worth of testing . You still need to take it easy until the results are in. Good luck with your turnip pickles. That is one of the veggies that I have never aquired a taste for.

My day today has been sent sleeping most of the day, think I caught a stomach bug yesterday when I was out since I spent last night not keeping anything down. As a result of that I wasn't able to start my pulmonary rehab today. Will start that on Monday. They didn't want me there either.

Now to pray that I am able to sleep tonight since I slept most of the day. I dont want to get back in that pattern of days and nights mixed up. I hate that.

I am in control. I am gonna try to get some sewing/quilting done tonight if I can't sleep tonight.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:44 PM

It's nice to hear from all of you.

Cindy, I'm sorry you don't feel well - I hope you sleep tonight.

Nancia, love your posts. You always make me smile, though I feel badly that you are down. I think we need more sunshine. Is your mother resting comfortably? That's as much as you can hope for now.

My daughter who was hosting Thanksgiving called and said her house is too small for the number coming and so we need to move it here. I thought I was done with such things due to my falling apart body, but like my son says, what is, is. She will be no help as she is surgery next week (which is why I told her she couldn't have Thanksgiving dinner in the first place). I need to do some quick decluttering and some minor cleaning, but not overdo it. Hmm - do those things go together? I have several app'ts next week and at least three out of town trips before the big day. This is not going to be fun, but worth in the end. Kind of sounds like losing weight, doesn't it?

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:29 AM

Good morning,all.I woke way too early....but what can I do. Getting up,dressed & on the computer works for me.Had a huge mug of tea & will have at least one more. It's herbal, so no caffeine.
After adding up calories yest,realized I was still under my top limit for the day.Was very happy about that.Even tho Texas Roadhouse is a fav,my NSV was being too full to finish my meal.
Ate 1/2 of the baked sweet potato & gave DH 1/3 of the meat.Maybe I'm is getting used to eating less......sure hope so.
Someone mentioned hosting Thanksgiving.You'll have a couple wks to get ready & that will help.We'll be at DD's sis in laws. DD & both her SILs take turns hosting.We're just as happy to stay home, but DD won't let us LOL.Holidays just don't mean a lot anymore.That's age for sure.
Going to make a vat of low call veggie soup this morn.Down to 2 zip lock bags in freezer.So filling for lunch.Gonna be in 60's for a few days. summer in Nov.

Last edited by plainpat; 11-12-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: I spelled zip as lip LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 AM

Oh, it's so good to hear from everyone.

Cindy, Sorry to hear you've been sick. Don't push yourself, rest and take it easy.

MJ, glad to hear from you. I looked for your personel health thread but couldn't find it. Glad to hear you got sent home from the hospital after the tests. I never heard of turnip pickles, I hope they turn out for you and your hubby.

Nancia, So good to hear from you although sorry to hear you've been down. When your down is when you should keep contact with us. That weight will come back off. I have confidence. that mine will come back off. We're in control right!

Patti, Glad to hear you had a good time but didn't over do it. Yah another NSV!

Judy, sounds like you are having a large group for Thanksgiving. Just take it easy and don't wear yourself out with all the cleaning, prepping and cooking.

Does anyone know if Missy is home from her brothers yet and how her brother is doing? I hope everything is going alright for her. We're going to my DIL's mothers house for Thanksgiving. She doesn't have family close and always asks use to come so we go. It will be a small get together, just us, my grandson and her.

I've decided that when I start to get out of control with my eating I'm going to quilt. Instead of always being worried about the scale I'm going to count NSV. I have a repetetive injury in my right forearm so I have to wear a muscle support whenever I do anything, which is pretty much all the time, so I ask my hubby to help me when he's well. I think it's a great idea to make soup and meals and package them in single serving size and freeze them. I'm going to try that.

God Bless Everyone. Have a great day.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
for november yes it is too late to join for the fq prize, but you are welcome to join in on the support and encouragement. Follow us and join for the prize in December. We all need support and encouragement.
okay i guess i will have to wait til dec. will purplemem be hosting it again ? should i sign up now so i don't forget.....i'm blond you know lol
Old 11-12-2011, 06:26 AM

I love Thanksgiving. The stuffing is my favorite part. I love it with sausage, mushrooms, celery, pecans and of course the dry croutons. What favorite does everyone look forward to feasting on that day?

I am down, and hope this weekend I am extra good. Lots of water and no sweets for me.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 AM

We always have home made noodles with turkey or chicken.I can pass on most dishes,but a nice serving of noodles,a couple deviled eggs & yum yum. Will make the broth with turkey meat this wk to freeze.DH would add hot rolls & home made pie to my favs.I'm making the noodles this yr......not a big job, but they all think it is. LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 08:24 AM

It is fun to read what everyone has as a traditional meal. Our is turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, a green jello with cream cheese, pineapple, nuts in it, rolls, sweet potato biscuits, and pumpkin pie.

Does anyone have a tale of what didn't work on fixing the meal. Mine is several years ago, I grabbed what I thought was flour and it turned out to be powdered sugar. I just couldn't figure out why that darn gravy wouldn't thicken. Thank goodness I had a few jars of ready made gravy in the cupboard that year. Never again.
Originally Posted by plainpat View Post
We always have home made noodles with turkey or chicken.I can pass on most dishes,but a nice serving of noodles,a couple deviled eggs & yum yum. Will make the broth with turkey meat this wk to freeze.DH would add hot rolls & home made pie to my favs.I'm making the noodles this yr......not a big job, but they all think it is. LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=dotski;4669404]okay i guess i will have to wait til dec. will purplemem be hosting it again ? should i sign up now so i don't forget.....i'm blond you know lol[/QUOTE

Yes purplemem will be hosting again, we dont sign up until the end of the month. I know what you mean about forgetting. Please follow us the rest of the month, you can still share even though you are not eligible for the november prize. It is a great place for encouragement, to share victories and even when we fall short to be encouraged or to encourage others.