Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011 >

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Quilting in the New Year Swap - Sign up Closed January 7, 2011

Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
I'm done and ready to mail it out, i hope you like it and all the other goodies i made for you , can't wait till feb 7 to go to the po and mail.
If your partner is ready to mail out now you both can mail out now. I'm still quilting on mine but my partner knows that. LOL. A stitch here and a stitch there. Where DOES the time go.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Originally Posted by deltadawn
mom-6 here is the wall hanging ..........I hope you are going to like it !!
That's super! Can't wait to see it in person!

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the table runner I made for you. It is done entirely from scraps from the fabrics I used on my blocks for the batik block swap (both rounds). I hope you like it.
I am sooooooooo lokking forward to seeing the table runner !! I just KNOW that I am going to LOVE IT !! XX
Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 PM

my partner and I are going to wait, she may be coming to Tx, on business, the first part of February and if so we are going to meet to do the exchange

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I'm done and ready to mail it out, i hope you like it and all the other goodies i made for you , can't wait till feb 7 to go to the po and mail.
If your partner is ready to mail out now you both can mail out now. I'm still quilting on mine but my partner knows that. LOL. A stitch here and a stitch there. Where DOES the time go.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
my partner and I are going to wait, she may be coming to Tx, on business, the first part of February and if so we are going to meet to do the exchange

How great would that be!!!!
Sounds like a plan to me. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 12:33 PM

yep I get to meet my doll swap partner too
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

How great would that be!!!!
Sounds like a plan to me. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM

My January partner and new buddy is Pat from Pittsburgh, and Florida.Here is the lovely table topper I received today. Doesn't it make you smile? It will look really wonderful in my home. Thanks, Pat. This was your first swap and we welcome you! Pat posted the quilt I sent her in Pictures. Take a look. And thanks to Bonni for putting this together!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-120218.jpe  
Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
My January partner and new buddy is Pat from Pittsburgh, and Florida.Here is the lovely table topper I received today. Doesn't it make you smile? It will look really wonderful in my home. Thanks, Pat. This was your first swap and we welcome you! Pat posted the quilt I sent her in Pictures. Take a look. And thanks to Bonni for putting this together!!
Love that Pat and Dotty. Circles? Wow, more ambitious than I would be. :) You're welcome. I'm glad that you had a great experience.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:12 PM

For some reason this swap has not been reminding me by E-Mail when there is a posting..

So I have been delinquent in reading the postings. Well, I got caught up today and see that everyone is busy.

I am getting close to being finished with mine (don't know about my partner - haven't heard)

I took a picture, so will share with you.

I will be sandwiching, quilting and binding it tomorrow, so will probably contact my partner to find out where she is in this.

This Valentine wall hanging ended up measuring 28 inches square. Larger than I planned, since i wanted it to be about 24".
I started with a pattern, then went off on my own by putting the star in the middle instead of a fussy-cut shape or picture. I added another border to accomodate the half-square triangles.

(Bonnie, and everyone else out there - I would highly recommend getting a fabric cutter - Accuquilt GO or BABY (or even check in to the Sizzix or Vagabond).

They make the shapes perfect and consistent and half-square triangles are a two-step method instead of 6 steps. And there is no squaring up involved.

When you have two squares to match up-they always do. If anyone has any questions,just let me know.

Sue
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132075.jpe  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
For some reason this swap has not been reminding me by E-Mail when there is a posting..

So I have been delinquent in reading the postings. Well, I got caught up today and see that everyone is busy.

I am getting close to being finished with mine (don't know about my partner - haven't heard)

I took a picture, so will share with you.

I will be sandwiching, quilting and binding it tomorrow, so will probably contact my partner to find out where she is in this.

This Valentine wall hanging ended up measuring 28 inches square. Larger than I planned, since i wanted it to be about 24".
I started with a pattern, then went off on my own by putting the star in the middle instead of a fussy-cut shape or picture. I added another border to accomodate the half-square triangles.

(Bonnie, and everyone else out there - I would highly recommend getting a fabric cutter - Accuquilt GO or BABY (or even check in to the Sizzix or Vagabond).

They make the shapes perfect and consistent and half-square triangles are a two-step method instead of 6 steps. And there is no squaring up involved.

When you have two squares to match up-they always do. If anyone has any questions,just let me know.

Sue
I like your valentine wall hanging.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 AM

I should have jljack's table runner finished this weekend, I'm a slow quilter, but I think she & I are at about the same place. It's from an Easy Quilts book, didn't register with me that it was a rather large piece, hope its ok with her.