Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • What is your Avatar about? >
  • What is your Avatar about?

• What is your Avatar about?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by TacoMama
    I could just go on and on about what I really like... ... I love this site!!!!!
    Hi TacoMama- So glad you joined us. We all love this site. So many wonderful friends and ideas and help.
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 AM

Mine is the kitty in charge around here!

Teddi and her siblings were born 3 years ago next month at the barn of the farm up behind us. A local opthamologist owns it and his son runs about 150 head of cattle on it and teaches at WKU.

A 9 y.o. GD of the Dr. and her friend played with them too much and the Mom moved them to the eave of our shop building. Then disappeared :-(

So I bottlefed the "herd" and kept them all until they were spayed/neutered and recovered. Then one went to an employee of the Dr. and 2 went to his barn (where they were all intended to be in the 1st place!) and I kept the runt.

The GD & friend had named them all and Ali told me mine was Teddi. I said it had to be Teddi with an eye as it was a girl. Then we formalized it to Theadorable AKA Ted the Terrible.

In my avatar photo Teddi is wearing the cardboard packaging from a tub of hair product. And more people here have sent me a PM inquiring what is on her head than I can believe. Someone asks at least once a week it seems like :-)
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
    Power Poster

What an incredible quilt
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
    ..In my avatar photo Teddi is wearing the cardboard packaging from a tub of hair product. And more people here have sent me a PM inquiring what is on her head than I can believe. Someone asks at least once a week it seems like :-)
    Loved your kitty story and the name! Could you post the picture here on this topic and perhaps it would come through bigger and we could see her in all her glory better? Thanks a bunch!
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 AM

My avatar is always my precious grand daughter Othilia (Tilly). I love showing her off to the world. She is the only thing that keeps me going in this life. I just can't imagine what life would be like without her. I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much!!! And of course I spoil her rotten ;)
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Mine is in honor of our Grandson who was killed in Afghanistan in Jan. of 2010. It is a painting that a high school class did on a wall on our very short main street.
    Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 AM

A yellow rose is all about friendship!
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    ..In my avatar photo Teddi is wearing the cardboard packaging from a tub of hair product. And more people here have sent me a PM inquiring what is on her head than I can believe. Someone asks at least once a week it seems like :-)
    Loved your kitty story and the name! Could you post the picture here on this topic and perhaps it would come through bigger and we could see her in all her glory better? Thanks a bunch!
    Here ya go :-D

ETA - I hadn't looked at it up close in a long time. I am cracking up at the strengthens, controls on the packaging. Controls is sure what she does - especially between 4 and 6 every morning!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-178966.jpe  
    Old 04-03-2011, 04:19 AM

Because it's Spring ........... kinda!
    Old 04-03-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Here ya go :-D

That is simply wonderful! Thanks so much.

ETA - I hadn't looked at it up close in a long time. I am cracking up at the strengthens, controls on the packaging. Controls is sure what she does - especially between 4 and 6 every morning!!!