Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-17-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
My new avatar is one of the quilts that I won a blue ribbon on here at our local fair and it goes to our quilt guild show this weekend--thanks
Very lovely!

Deby
Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Juli
We were on our way home tonight and the boys were asking where Grandma was. My Dad told them: She was on a quilting retreat and she was camping with ALL ladies. Well little 3 year old Owen didn't hear him quite right and goes: She's camping with OLD ladies?
ROFLMBO-
Trying to catch up on posts and this one tickled me so much.
Shoot now I have to figure out which page I was on...or just go to bed and try again tomorrow.. :XD:
Old 09-17-2011, 08:24 PM

I love my purple thang also! A wooden shish kabob stick with one end broke off and covered so it is the right length and not sharp works ok too....for a while Arizona girl, because just like someone said you know you will find it as soon as you buy another one.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok which one of you took my purple thang? It was in front my DSM where I always keep it and now it is gone. I don't know what happen to it. Now to figure out what I can use in place of it.
A chop stick... cut the end of an old toothbrush off, a toothpick, or just a tapestry needle, they have blunt ends, I mostly use the pin that I've just removed. Lots of things you can use.
I grab one of my hair chop sticks and am using it for now. I can't believe I lost my purple thang. I've had it for almost 6 years and never lost it. I always keep it by my machine and never use it anywhere else. Those darn gremlins are at it again.
You will find it as soon as you go buy another one.
I know, that's why I refuse to buy another one. I will just make due until it decides to come back.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Its amazing how one little misheard word can completely throw a child off or change an image for them. LOL!! He goes: Oh...then paused. then went: she's camping with OLD ladies?? LOL!!

We just started laughing! He probably thought his Grandma was sitting around a campfire with a "bunch of old ladies".

Originally Posted by starshine
Originally Posted by Juli
We were on our way home tonight and the boys were asking where Grandma was. My Dad told them: She was on a quilting retreat and she was camping with ALL ladies. Well little 3 year old Owen didn't hear him quite right and goes: She's camping with OLD ladies?
ROFLMBO-
Trying to catch up on posts and this one tickled me so much.
Shoot now I have to figure out which page I was on...or just go to bed and try again tomorrow.. :XD:
Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
It would seem that epidural is working as i am in MUCH less pain than before (knock on wood) they told me that it takes time to get he full effect but so far I am loving it!
I had those over and over never worked very long for me, everytime I started feeling better, I would start cleaning my house needed badly and end up hurting my lower back, so last month they tried something else called nerve block, where they inject into the nerve to kill the nerve, first 3 days I had pain all day and night, finally 3 days later started to feeling better and my back feels pretty good, I even did some cleaning just to see if I could get away with it without hurting...LOL I made it so I'm deep cleaning my home one room at a time until its done...its great to feel good again...I hope yours works for you mine usually lasted a couple of months.
But with the weather starting to cold again, we shall see what happens...
Old 09-18-2011, 01:42 AM

More great packages! Thanks all for sharing.

I am intrigued about the homemade vanilla extract...peaceandjoy, how do you do that?

Soniboo, where did you get that big orange floral? I think I have it in green (a FQ) at home, but surely if I saw that orange I would have bought it.LOL. Do you know who makes them?

Lori,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Is Faye the only Floridian who got her package?? Well,technically I got one too- I think- but can't touch it until next week, of course I am going to be wishing my life away until then :mrgreen: oh never mind, I see that Crafty Darlene and Moortll have got their packages too.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by thomp116
OK, this will probably take a bit to load everything. I got all sorts of goodies from NanaKathy55 - Kathy. There are two, count 'em two, bags of scraps, 2 pieces of fabric, Milky Way's, a book to share, a X-stitch leaflet, scrapbook paper,handmade cards, a state thimble, pin cushion, handmade fabric bowl, a fall mug and tealight holder and a jar of ???? It looks like honey, but I'm not sure. Hate to open it right away - I like looking at it! Kathy, thanks so much!
What a gorgeous package. Yummy mystery jar!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Mandie
Today I got the best secret pal gifts from peaceandjoy. Homemade vanilla extract, 2 great magazines that I don't have, treats for my doggies (which they have been begging for), batik fabric, moda precut squares, a cute tin, thread, and a candy bar that didn't last long enough for me to take the picture :oops:

Thank you SO much Peaceandjoy!! I love it ALL!
What a great package. Vanilla extract .... mmmmm.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by NanaKathy55
Recieved a very nice package today from my SP..Karen924..
Just want to say thanks for everything..my favorite colors of fabric and I love the doll quilt pattern..the candy is soooo good111 Sorry I can't post pictures right now..
Thanks Again
Kat
What colors? Tell!!!