Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else ok with "good enough" >

Anyone else ok with "good enough"

Anyone else ok with "good enough"

Old 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM

I ripped a lot of seams out of the top I am doing because some of the seams didn't line up but tonight, I didn't rip the one or two that didn't match. I just kept on sewing. I can't seem too get all of the right anyway and like you said if I gotta stress over it, then I am in the wrong hobby!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

The Flawed Quilt.....great idea. I think I'll make a sign for my sewing room....The Flawed Quilter.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Only my mother would point out the "oops" in something...I say if you can't see it from 5 ft away... go with it...
Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM

my 'good enough' is getting better and I'm enjoying it. I know my quilts well never make it to a show cuz I'm not making them for that. I just hope that the person that recieves my quilt will like it as much as I do and can see beyond my not so perfect blocks.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 AM

Good enough is ok with me now. I was so worried about being perfect that I wasn't enjoying the process anymore. Now I "just do it" and no one notices the little imperfections that I used to obsess over. Have fun and relax.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 AM

LOL, I have decided that I am not going to live long enough to make something perfect. So if I ever want to finish a darn thing, I am happily going to settle for good enough. No matter how many mistakes I rip out and correct, there is another one waiting just around the next seam.
I sew with joy, love and pleasure. That gets the projects done and they are received the same way. What more do I need? Smiles and huggggggs
Old 10-25-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I always thought god enough was good enough . Until I show it to someone then I point out ever little imperfection. So if it's good enough why do I do that hummmmmm
I can relate to that. I still like the saying that I was told by a dear friend that to leave a small mistake in your work is your signature. Will keep on trying to do my very best and just enjoy the work.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
Originally Posted by lnikkers52
I always thought god enough was good enough . Until I show it to someone then I point out ever little imperfection. So if it's good enough why do I do that hummmmmm
I can relate to that. I still like the saying that I was told by a dear friend that to leave a small mistake in your work is your signature. Will keep on trying to do my very best and just enjoy the work.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have to *worry* about leaving a small mistake! Mine come naturally! ;-)
Old 10-25-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fox
The Flawed Quilt? I love that name. I think I'll borow it for a sign on my sewing room door!
I too love that name too...such a cute name, would fit my quilting perfectly.
Hey Fox I am a Fox too...dee
Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM

I am not a "good enough" person. Everything I do in life, I do to the best of my ability. It is my only legacy. "Good enough" is why I have left a number of quilt block swaps, etc. I don't want to go to a doctor or dentist, or have someone work on my home, who subscribes to the "good enough" theory and I would always hope that my friends and family expect more out of me. There is a wonderful poem about "Good Enough." I will post it someday.

I know that reply sounds snotty, but I assume you wanted truthful answers! :)