Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED** >

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

Old 01-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Awe crap!! Ran out of packing tape.. Dagnabit!! Dunno when Ill get a chance to head out to get more, hopefully this weekend sometime I can hit even a walgreens! .. If you have been in my swaps before you know I go thru alot of tape!! Sorry nuthin going out this Saturday.. :-( All gonna be in Mondays or Tuesdays mail.. Bummer :thumbdown: (this is where your 'tips' go to..to replenish my tape addiction :) )
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 AM

Hey thats ok Luv, we'll just be glad to get the stuff. I didn't think but I should have sent a little something to help on the tape, gas and such. Candy is fine but money goes a lot further! HA! Well maybe you can take a break between packings. I'm getting excited about the February swap as all are I'm sure. I know you have something fun in mind and have been going thru my reds. I have plenty of Fat Quarters and a few 1/2 yards so off to JoAnns sometime soon, I'm hoping to get this next one shipped off a lot sooner! :thumbup:
Old 01-29-2011, 05:08 AM

Update On Daughter Jessie....NO SURGERY!! SOOO many prayers went up for her and the kids that she went to the Dr's yesterday morning, she came out with the splint off! He said she did break it but...it's on the top of the ankle and so small that a cast won't help. The foot is very swollen, black and blue, two knots on the side but he did say to try to start putting preasure on it. It's been broke now for the 4th time, arthritis has set up in there and it's very fraglie from scaring and the last surgery she's had two years ago. But we seriously believe it was the prayers that got her thru this. John and Renee went to see the van to get a few things, the engine was shoved up pushing the dash into her knees. They said they can't see how she got out it was so close. Her back is still stiff and can't move her neck but we know she'll get along Just fine. God works on one thing, he isn't going to stop at the other! So, she'll be out of work at least a month which was what worried her. At first they said it would be 8 - 10 weeks but now they're saying 3-4 weeks. Great!!!
Jackie is doing well, sholder still sore and hard to motivate but doing better. Dillan and Mary doing just fine. Johnathan (oldest son) and John (husband) have been great to take care of her and the house. Johnathans specialty of the House is now Grilled Cheese!! HA! Doing some cooking for Mom and Dad!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!
{{{HUGS}}} Kathy :XD:
Old 01-29-2011, 06:57 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Glad to hear everyone is on the road to recovery. !!!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Momma_K, so glad to hear that all are recovering well and doing fine. P U S H = Pray Until Something Happens! It did!!!

LuvTooQuilt, can't wait to see what you are sending me!

Take care ladies.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by midwestqltr
Momma_K, so glad to hear that all are recovering well and doing fine. P U S H = Pray Until Something Happens! It did!!!

LuvTooQuilt, can't wait to see what you are sending me!

Take care ladies.
Thank you!! Oh and I do P U S H, believe me I have to!! Ha! But guess what yall, my other daughter is now in the hospital, asthma got the better of her! Running here and there, just left the hospital almost in tears! I'm so tired but some how we find that energy to keep going. I reckon thats what Moms and Nanas do! Now I have 3 children staying over, mom is taking 2 and the others are old enough to take care of themselves. But driving to school, picking up, going to Dayton to help Jessie and then to the hospital....AAACCCKKK! Whatever happened to Calgon taking us away!! HA! But in all this...we manage and go on to talk about it later.
My one joy I can look forward to is a little package from LUVTOO!! Ya gotta love that woman, she sends us pretty things!! I think this deserves more than a candy bar this time!! :thumbup:
Old 01-30-2011, 10:42 PM

Awe shucks.. :oops:

But seriously MommaK, Whats better than Chocolate - and one on steroids no less?!?!??!?!!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM

I was able to get more than half of your envelopes out today.. I will finish up the rest tonight but I may not be able to mail them till after our storm comes thru... They are calling for 8-12 inches of snow with almost an inch of ice beneath it..

Let me know when they arrive!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM

You can have the snow :lol:
We had it today. Thank goodness my DH got the driveway cleared so I could get up to the house.
Stay put and stay safe.

Any additional hints for Feb. besides Red? did you give them and I missed it? :?:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR
You can have the snow :lol:
We had it today. Thank goodness my DH got the driveway cleared so I could get up to the house.
Stay put and stay safe.

Any additional hints for Feb. besides Red? did you give them and I missed it? :?:
**** NOTE*****

I asked permission to host another swap- A few changes are being requested by moderator.. I will let you know if there will be a Feb swap or not.. Sorry for the glitch everyone.. I'll keep you all posted..