Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-01-2011, 05:41 AM

I am doomed! Istarted on Lyrica and my Doc told me it may cause weight gain. Woke up this AM to a heavier body and some swelling in ankles!
Oh well, I will have some black eyed peas and skip the corn bread.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Lucymae
Thanks. any suggestions where to get started with pilates?
Yes............amazon.com has the resistance bands. the best to start with and I posted it yesterday is called a .......everlast for her 4 way ab stretch.
Just placed my order. :D
Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by BMP
OK I have jsut caught up on al the posts since yesterday..you gals are chatty !!!
LOL...........you aint seen nothing yet.......Missy and Carrie are being good they don't want to frighted the newbies. If you read the rules I stated we go off topic A LOT, that is what makes it so much fun. Carrie and I have lost around 30lb since we started and Missy over 50 so we must be doing something right. We are the 3 that comment the most OFF TOPIC!!!! :lol: :lol: Most of the other regulars have lost a ton of weight too. Funny none of us had much success before and now we are all doing great. Isn't that right LADIES??????
It's gotta be all the belly laughs. It has been said that laughter is the best medicine! This is medicine I thoroughly enjoy taking. :)
Old 01-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
From what I have read to lose weight and keep it off, you need a support group, journal your food daily and exercise, at least 150 minutes a week. The exercise can be done in increments as little as 10 minutes.
I hardly exercise at all; unless you count typing on my keyboard, knitting while reading and 1/2 a mile a day on my treadmill. But that is about to change. I ordered the ab bands and I would definitely like to strengthen my abdominal muscles.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Originally Posted by tomilu
Happy New Year to all!!! Just stepped on the scales and am doing a Word document to keep track.
Oh that's a good idea. I'm going to see if there's a template or something on my pc to make a graph?
Try SparkPeople or livestrong,com, the have a system in place to record. It also has the calories already figured out for you. I use livestrong but I like to read the article in Sparkpeople.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:13 AM

I gained a wee bit of weight, I ate pumpkin bread and flan. I haven't been exercising like I should have. I have only been going out a couple days of the week this last month. Other obligations and the weather kept getting in the way. I am trying to find an exercise I can do instead of bike riding. My husband wants to get exercise equipment for the house, but I hate all that bulky stuff. I am going to try jumping rope and walking. I have a bad foot so I have avoided high inpact exercises, but I need to do them in a pinch.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by Lucymae
Thanks. any suggestions where to get started with pilates?
Yes............amazon.com has the resistance bands. the best to start with and I posted it yesterday is called a .......everlast for her 4 way ab stretch.
Just placed my order. :D
you will love it. it is not at all like exercising and you don't ache even when you just start to do it like most exercising. let me know what you think after you try it.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Banned

The winner of the Dec weight loss challenge with a prize for Dec 2010 losing 9 lbs at the time of the year most people gain is.............drum roll please..............CAROLJ. :thumbup: :thumbup:

The players from Dec PLEASE and I stress PLEASE contact Carol for her addy and send her her much deserved FQ.

The theme was baby/children
Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by remclave

I woke up to a start weight BELOW 250!!!! Woohoo! :D I'm now 249.8. What a way to start the New Year!
:thumbup: :thumbup: good for you!!!!!!!!!!! doing the happy dance.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Banned

you DO NOT have to post your weight however some of us do. Every once in a ahile I take my measurments, I can then see the inches I lost. It is an added bonus to see it in #'s My suicide weight, as I call it is 185. I started the challenge weighing 209 so from now on above 185 I will kill mysef for being that STUPID to gain it back. Since getting down to 185 I have slacked off...............NOT anymore today is a new year and a new me. I WILL lose 30 lbs this year hopefully 30 but I am trying for 40.

here goes

weight............185
waist.............39'
hips..............42'
chest..............there isn't a tape measure big enough to measure those big girls. lol