Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 PM

I saw it in my dining room!!! Sheila received it, but was not at home much the past few days. We were on our way to a fabric yard sale, so she brought her package to show me. She will post shortly.

Originally Posted by Debka
Thomp - where did you see it? (Do you know what page on this thread?) I've looked because I wanted to be sure it came, but I just can't find it here. I'll keep scrolling...

Originally Posted by thomp116
I saw the one you sent to Sheila- in Erie. Great idea and love the fabric!

Originally Posted by Debka
I have a thing about totes too. I have too many of them, and I love the supermarket ones. And, yes, I have made it a habit to use them (nearly) all the time at the supermarket. I do dislike the waste of plastic, especially when the baggers only put a few items in each bag. And the recyclable bags do hold more AND can fit over my shoulder so I can carry many at a time.

For a group project I once worked on, I purchased 100 plain white tote bags which we decorated (with markers). I still have many plain bags left and have been giving one in my swap packages! I decorate with fabric and try to choose colors my sp will appreciate.
Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Well if I tell you, what if everyone does it??? Then it'd be no good.

Okay, well really, here it is: I am a tote addict. Not just the nicer ones like from L.L. Bean, or the Professional Tote. I've got those and use them, but I also really like the ones that you get in stores for $1. Joanns and TJ Maxx have some really cute ones.

Just used one today at the local Mennonite vegetable stand. I take projects to our guild sew-in day, or to show and tell, etc. Love them. I think they'd be good in a SP package!

See, I just needed to see what peeps were getting to get the ideas going...
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM

Since everyone on this thread obviously enjoys swaps, I just posted the sign ups for the annual Christmas ornament swap...it's a lot of fun...take a look at the thread and see all of last years goodies !!!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM

With government they pay their employees quite well and then the retirement benefits are great too. A thought just struck me, they pay our military personnel crap, but they pay the civilian employees two to three times what they pay the individual who puts their life on the line? What is with that?

Just a heads up. Yes we do have benefits, but we pay thru the nose for out health insurance. We paid into our retirement too. As for paying us great, we have not had a raise in over 3 years and don't know when we ever will get one. We still have to go out and get another job just to make ends meet. What we get in our retirement is about 1/2 of what we made, some may think this is great, try living on it.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Now that I'm home I'll try to post a picture of the lovely package I received from Aussie Croydon. I said I like blue and purple and fabric with flowers and she sent beautiful fabric that covered that. One piece of fabric has violets on it and the sweetest poem:

Six little violets all in a row
Bringing good wishes wherever they go
One brings happiness
Two the gift of health
Three luck in love
Four good things in wealth
Five contentment, best thing on the list
Six bring everything the rest have missed.

Well, phoey -- I took the picture with my phone and I can't get it to attach. It shows up as a download.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258839.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 05:23 PM

Debka- she saw it in person at our "weekend sew". I had to take it to show it off! Thank You so much for the goodies. I love the fabrics and Kris is already in line to read the book. I really like the thread also. The reason you can't find the pkg on the thread is because Kris hasn't taught me how to do it yet- sorry no pictures this month. The tote bag is great- I used it today and of course got compliments from cashier.
Thank you again for everything. Lots of fabric- Christmas one, couple of fat quarters, some other yardage-Santa and the blues were great!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:39 PM

love the fabric!! Lucky you!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brenda21
Since everyone on this thread obviously enjoys swaps, I just posted the sign ups for the annual Christmas ornament swap...it's a lot of fun...take a look at the thread and see all of last years goodies !!!
Thanks Brenda. Last years swap was so fun.Seeing all the wonderful ornaments everyone made was very inspiring.I'm in again. Mary
Old 09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

I went to the swaps page and didn't see anything.Am I to early? Mary
Old 09-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Brenda doyou happen to have a link? I have the worst problem with using the search.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Brenda doyou happen to have a link? I have the worst problem with using the search.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153919-1.htm