Ornament Swap 2018

Old 10-29-2018, 05:40 PM

I have no idea regarding the cookie in the contest. In Australia we don't go in for a lot of Christmas cookies. I mainly bake a rich Christmas cake, A Cherry cake, Plum pudding, Almond bread and I bake and ice Gingerbread for my grandchildren. I also make rum balls and apricot balls. That is about the extent of what I do.

I have my Christmas puddings on cooking today, I make several as I give some away for gifts. I have the fruit soaking for the fruit cakes. I make one for my daughter as well. I was going to attempt to make the cakes as well today but I am in too much back pain and will have to give them amiss until tomorrow. I still think I can do everything, but my back tells me different.
Attached Thumbnails imgp7789.jpg  
Old 10-29-2018, 05:43 PM

Oh wow! I hadn’t thought about all the traditional baking involved with Christmas traditions and how that translates to other areas of the world. Christmas is in the middle of your summer right? That must be brutal to do all that baking in the heat.
Originally Posted by Betty J View Post
I have no idea regarding the cookie in the contest. In Australia we don't go in for a lot of Christmas cookies. I mainly bake a rich Christmas cake, A Cherry cake, Plum pudding, Almond bread and I bake and ice Gingerbread for my grandchildren. I also make rum balls and apricot balls. That is about the extent of what I do.

I have my Christmas puddings on cooking today, I make several as I give some away for gifts. I have the fruit soaking for the fruit cakes. I make one for my daughter as well. I was going to attempt to make the cakes as well today but I am in too much back pain and will have to give them amiss until tomorrow. I still think I can do everything, but my back tells me different.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:52 PM

BettyJ... my goodness. Your are busy. Your Christmas is warm like our Christmas.
Hohoho My belly is full.....
From just looking at all the 🍪 🍪 🍪 🍪s.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 PM

I got my ornament done today. Looks sweet. will get it in the mail real soon.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:34 AM

You reminded me of something else to add to my SS package. I have a special recipe that I bake for the holidays. I bake small loaves to hand out to friends during the holidays. This year one will go into my SS box. Sure hope you like it.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Oh wow! I hadn’t thought about all the traditional baking involved with Christmas traditions and how that translates to other areas of the world. Christmas is in the middle of your summer right? That must be brutal to do all that baking in the heat.
Yes, Pamela, our Christmas is right in the middle of our summer. Thankfully where I live the climate is fairly temperate and we can have a very comfortable Christmas Day. We still hold with the old tradition of a baked Christmas dinner in the middle of the day, Christmas day. Ham, turkey and pork with baked vegetables followed by Plum pudding, custard, fresh fruit salad, ice cream, cream and jelly. Out of 52 years of marriage I believe I would have cooked at least 45 Christmas dinners. This year we will have Christmas with our daughter and family and I will help her with the dinner preparations.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
You reminded me of something else to add to my SS package. I have a special recipe that I bake for the holidays. I bake small loaves to hand out to friends during the holidays. This year one will go into my SS box. Sure hope you like it.
Love this idea!
Old 10-30-2018, 03:38 AM

BettyJ I simpathize! Have to do things bit by bit as can. Use to bake up a storm at Christmas. Those were the days!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 AM

I'm going to try out some of those cookie recipes. In our family these days we go for seafood and salads, Pavlovas, fruit salad and ice cream and cheese cakes.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:56 AM

Who ever has me, you can send me your favorite recipe. I love to cook and my hubby loves to eat!