Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thoughts from Patrice >
  • Thoughts from Patrice

• Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Thumbs up I Like The New Board

For me I find it alot more user friendly than what was here before.

It also has new features we did not have before which in my book is a plus.

With change in anything there will always be grumbling and usually done by those that don't want to take the time to learn and search as to what is new and what improvements there are.

I'm happy they came out with what is here.

If you haven't yet START with your "profile" and see what is there and than click on other options available and learn what is here.
    Old 11-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Like every day life, change happens. Sometimes I don't accept graciously the changes, but I muddle thru, ask questions and get on with it. I was very 'comfortable' on the old site, and I'm sure with time, I'll get 'comfortable' with this one. I am surprised I click on something and POOF, there is something I thought would be some place else. It is all good. I still love seeing what everyone is working on, getting tips I haven't even thought of to wonder about, and seeing 'friends' everyday. Good job on the site, just remember to keep looking over your shoulder and shout a few words of encouragement to us stragglers.
    Old 11-05-2011, 12:51 PM

I have spent some time on this today and I am starting to enjoy it...it helps to learn when I am not tired and rushed before and after work. Once we all figure it out i think we all will enjoy this. There are settings that you can choose different items...one thing I really like is I can make it so only those on this board can view my posts.
    Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM

I do like the coloring (easier on the eyes) and the larger font is great. I'm still having a little difficulty finding things but guess it will just a little time to figure it out. ie. How does one put something into their favorites? It was so easy before and I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if it's not here to click on like before. Thanks for all your work.
    Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM

I cannot find, in my profile, where to delete a few signatures. Could someone help me please? Thanks! Edie
    Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
    Power Poster

Hi Patrice, I also want to thank you as always. Yes, it's a challenge but I can't leave b/c I'm very attached to this other" family" of mine
    I have been busy with other things and haven't had the energy to do much on the board but it will all work out. Things always do.
    Thanks again, Sue
    Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 PM

Well, PatriceJ and Web gang,
    Thank you for keeping a positive attitude as we all learn something new. I'm finding stuff I knew was out there but could never seem to locate in the old format; I'm also getting lost as well but ---that's life!

Someplace on here I'll find the tips/tricks for this new format, and then get really moving on using it as designed. I particularly appreciate the additional security features since SPAM is a big problem on my email address.

One thought for down the line improvements - can we get our login to flip to a secure environment (HTTPS rather than HTTP)? Only reason I ask is that I do use a number of wireless connections and would not like my login and password to be visible to a hacker (if the hacker knows the number of characters, it makes it that much easier to hack the password).

You are all doing a great job, and I know that eventually I will understand all the new bells and whistles. Thanks for your patience in working with us to get this stuff modernized.
    Old 11-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Hi Patrice,

I want to thank you for the time you have put in both getting ready for the change and this week dealing with everyone regarding the change. I think I have been able to find everything. I am only missing one thing to make me comfy in our new home. (Where I can see only new topics and not recycled topics too).

I like being able to use colors in my messages, I will get used to the layout. I like far too much to even think about leaving. I appreciate the efforts put in by our moderators during this difficult period.
    Old 11-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Im trying Patrice, just takes time to learn all the new things
    Old 11-05-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by fatquarters
    Actually, It Does work on my Mac, the problem is resizing the pics. I was easily able to post a pic tht had been taken with a low grade camera and loaded onto my iphoto on mac, but most pf my photos are taken with a good quality canon camera, and then loaded on my Mac. Those will not post, and there seems to be no way to resiz. SO the problem is not the Mac computers

SORRY if this got off topic
    It works with my Mac too.