Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM

getting used to the new format is difficult for me. Having to search and find by accident is not my favorite way to learn new software. But I am finding more and more of the tools I used. I especially like the speed. It is much faster. I didn't see any of the vicious complaints. But I agree there is always a nice way to phase a question or ask for instruction. Sorry anyone was treated disrespectfully. It really surprises me that it happened. Everyone has seem so nice and helpful before the update.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM
mim

try changing your selection to first being first and then use the "first unread" selection at the top of the screen. It has taken me several tries and combinatione to get it right. For a while I was getting an email every time a message was added to but I think I've got that right also. I figured that it was your website so I couldn't crash it by experementing with different ways to look at stuff. Still learning and getting surprised but it is fun

Mim
Originally Posted by fabric_lover View Post
PaticeJ: Thank you for changing the background; it now comes through as a soft tan. Much appreciated, my eyes don't hurt now. Now it's just navigating the different pages and new system. I did like the convenience of the old board where daily digest was main, pics, etc. Was easy to navigate before/while having morning coffee with brain still in bed. Now, takes a while, so must wait till later, if the day doesn't interfere to, take a looksee. Am still trying to get used to the date order. Latest ones first, etc. especially since some were started early 2010 and before, but I'll get there. Question, would it be podssible for programer to put line in so when you are on page 5 after reading 1-4, you do not have to go back to 4,3,2,1, home? Would like a shortcut to next topic I guess is what I'm trying to say. Breathe deeply and stay sane.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by elm View Post
Don't know if I missed something, but is there any way of being permanently logged in, or must I log in each time I want to read the board?
I'm not exactly sure, but when I leave, I don't click on 'log out', and I'm still logged in the next time I check on my notice from the Quilting Board.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Hi So far I like the new board and especially the colors. None of us like change but we will all get used to it and probably like it
Old 11-05-2011, 10:32 AM

I think the new board it wonderful, you just have to learn all there is to it.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 AM

I like this new look--and I'm in my 60's. Thank you to all of you who have worked so hard on it!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:44 AM

whoray for Patrice. You did a great job with the site. I am learning more everyday on this site.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:57 AM

Patrice, thanks for the new look. There will ALWAYS be naysayers when change happens. I say this to the members; Stop your bitching and learn the new board! I love the larger font as my aging eyes don't work as well anymore. Do you people know how lucky you are to have a moderator who has worked hard to accomodate our requests? High five, Patrice!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM

already some changes for good, I appreciate the off white background......
Old 11-05-2011, 11:14 AM

I have to admit I was not too thrilled with the new site at first, but it is getting easier to use - a little bit at a time. I'm hanging in there - I enjoy the board too much to give up without at least giving it a fair try.