Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23

Thread: Thoughts from Patrice

Change comes hard for some of us oldies, for the most part I think it has just taken time for people to learn how to navigate the new board and where to find items they had bookmarked. Like anything new, there is a learnig curve. I hope at this point we can all move beyond the complaints, and address things that really might need fixing vs whining and complaining. Keep up your good work, it is appreciated.
    pat design

I've come to look at the complainers like this - some people are just not happy if they're not complaining about something!! Personally I like changes, they keep your mind a'lert, and the Lord knows, we need more lerts...

Patrice, can the "Main" be broken up into categories? I just like to read the things from quilters who have ???? regarding their quilts. I don't look at the other categories; i.e. pictures, etc. It takes me forever to scroll through everything else just to read ???? from other quilters.

Can someone tell me if I can find all of my posts listed somewhere? We used to be able to do that but can't find out how to do it now. Thanks and I am trying to navigate without complaints. LOL

Hi Patrice,

I have learned so much on this site over the last year and love seeing all the beautiful quilts and projects the members post up here. However, since the new site was launched, the posts seem to be the same everyday. I consider myself somewhat computer savvy but can't seem to figure out where I need to go. Once I sign in, I would assume the most current posts show up but they are basically the same everyday. So, instead I go to the recent topics -- is that where we need to be? The old site listed all new posts on the opening page -- I do love the look of the new site but find it to be cumbersome. Are there any plans to fix this? Thanks and appreciate your time.

Thanks for all the hard work by everyone behind the scenes. Even though I am not a fan of the new site, I am still keeping an open minmd and exploring every chance I get. I will not leave because this site has been sooooo helpful, especially since I am in a rural area.

I haven't been on much lately but I do like the new look of the website. I did read a few of the negative and do acknowledge that change is scary sometimes. But we all know that change is the only constant in this world. I appreciate all you are doing for us. Take care, Natalie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    I've come to look at the complainers like this - some people are just not happy if they're not complaining about something!! Personally I like changes, they keep your mind a'lert, and the Lord knows, we need more lerts...
    So a person like you never complains about any thing, any time, ever? Never? Sure.

I'm happy to have a place to go to learn all that I have learned here. I do take classes on occasion but they do not compare with what I have learned here.

It's a great place to be- this forum.

Do you think it might be possible to put a "previous/next thread" button at the top of the pictures pages too?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    So a person like you never complains about any thing, any time, ever? Never? Sure.
    It's one thing to complain........it's a totally new realm when it goes on and on and on and on and on and on......which is what is ridiculously happening at this stage of the game. Just an observation.
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

Thank you lfw045...

Blog Entries
    Hey! It took me nearly two years to find where my tire tool and jack were located in my new truck. Still can't believe where I found them . But, they are there. And, if it takes a thief as long as it did me to find them, then I'll have them when I trade it in for a newer model. That said, I am thrashing my way through here trying to find all the hidden amenities and so far, so good. I do have a few questions, but, if I don't find the answers, I'll be hollering at ya. Hang in there! We are quilters! We will survive!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    Hey! It took me nearly two years to find where my tire tool and jack were located in my new truck. Still can't believe where I found them . But, they are there. And, if it takes a thief as long as it did me to find them, then I'll have them when I trade it in for a newer model. That said, I am thrashing my way through here trying to find all the hidden amenities and so far, so good. I do have a few questions, but, if I don't find the answers, I'll be hollering at ya. Hang in there! We are quilters! We will survive!
    I had to laugh at what you said about finally finding your tire tool and jack. I drove a car for 11 years before I realized there was a button inside the glove compartment that popped the trunk open!!!! So glad to hear some positive attitudes re: the quilt board. You are right - we will figure it all out with a little help from our quilting friends!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    I still have not heard about my problem!

Quote Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
    I still have not heard about my problem!
    grammy of 6, try clicking on Settings again and go all the way to the bottom and on the left hand side make sure it is in the DEFAULT mode instead of Mobile mode. I don't know if that will solve your problem but it is the only thing I can think of that it could be. Hope it helps.
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

Blog Entries
    I have already checked that, and I am in the default mode. Thanks for your thought, though. Frustrating

Blog Entries
    I would just like to find out when I post something, how to find my post again. Can't seem to find that, and also why the newsletter seems like the same topics everyday.
    Quilting Angel

Blog Entries
    I am sorry for my grumping. I have had surgery and 3 months out still not up to par. Then I was injured Halloween night. I big step backwards. I am told it will take up to a year to get back on my feet.

The holidays are upon us and very hard to deal with so I come to the board for stress relief. I was not up to dealing with the change. My fault not yours.
    Bless you in all you do for us.

Thanks Patrice for all of your hard work! I'm sure it must have been mega stressful for you when everyone freaked out about the new changes. I'm figuring things out so that's a good thing I really love this site as everyone is so helpful too. Such a great group. Kudos
    Kathy

Oh my...sorry about your setback, not fun at all. Well now is a good time to investigate the new board...It's really not that hard, just pull up stuff, and see what is what. You can subscribe to subjects you want to see often...Just go to top of the page, click on THREAD TOOLS and click Subscribe....that way when someone posts to a subject you're interested in, it will notify you thru email. You can always do the same and UN-subscribe. I'm finding a lot of fun stuff to investigate on here now...just takes a bit of playing around..

Hope you feel better soon...Happy Holidays.

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by vwquilting View Post
    I am sorry for my grumping. I have had surgery and 3 months out still not up to par. Then I was injured Halloween night. I big step backwards. I am told it will take up to a year to get back on my feet.

The holidays are upon us and very hard to deal with so I come to the board for stress relief. I was not up to dealing with the change. My fault not yours.
    Bless you in all you do for us.

keep up the good work. We can't please all of the people all of the time.

Loving the board and I have already forgotten what it looked like before.

Really liking the new features! Seems the board has caught up with the current technology. Thanks so much!
    Living a 1/4" from the edge

Blog Entries
    The only thing that I am not liking at this point is that (at least on MY new blog) you can't turn the page back and forth to read what someone has posted previously. The only way you can get to the next page is post on the current page and then when your post comes up, you can read it there, providing it doesn't take you to the next page. This problem was addressed to Patrice by a blogger back when the site was first renewed. I would really like to know when this problem will be fixed. People are not posting because of this flaw. Anyone else having this problem? I REALLY don't like to be a complainer; just not in my nature.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23