Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 02:17 AM

Hi, at first I was confused as I did not know the board was changing so once I realised this was an updated version I
was happy. I cannot believe (or maybe I should not be so naive) that there have been so many complaints. We do not pay for this fantastic resource - and it is fantastic, and I now that any of my quilting questions, no matter how obscure will be answered on this site.

Please continue with the brilliant work. I love this site and yes it will take a few goes to get used to it - but I will. Also must look at all the new things that I did not realise we now have.

To everyone involved in creating, maintaining and developing this wonderful site - THANK YOU!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:25 AM

Now that the font size is larger, I'm not having any problems. Thank you for your comments Patrice, lots of people think this technology is just wave a wand and it happens.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:44 AM

I love that you are here for us to learn more about quilting, ourselves, and to get a chuckle now and then. Some people just don't like change but I find change exciting and fun, and a way to learn new things. I am enjoying the new board immensely.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 AM

Wink for Patrice

Ok lookit, some of these folks just don't like change. If the wheel isn't broke don't fix it attitude. My birthday was yesterday(Nov 4) and talk about change! well not easy really, but we have to learn to change, I sure do! so why not give this a chance, huh? I mean really! It took me 4 tries to get onto the quilting board, reason? I was trying to put my old password in !! follow the prompts silly me!!

So change can be better. I am willing to give it a try, look this is the best quilting board around and I sure don't want to give up on a good thing! so I may not be the best seamstress around, but I sure get a lot of pointers from here and solutions and advice and...... the list goes on!!

so here I am willing for change, um , sorry, motor mouth too!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:00 AM

I have to admit I was one that didn't care for the new change. But I read and read the new posts about it and I took advice of others and found it's not bad at all! I love the chance to use different fonts, colors and so on. I have been looking around in different rooms and liked what I found until....I got nosey one time to many and now....I'm stuck in Mobile Style!! I cannot in anyway get back to Default Style!!! My pages are still ver
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM

Good grief!! Anyway, my pages are still very white and it does bother my eyes as I have to squint anyway. I liked the older pages of off white but I can live with it but I can't stay in Mobile Style!!! Patrice...I love ya but...get me outta here!!!! (please when ya have time :-)
Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Patrice, the site is beautiful and very clean and professional looking. Migrating to a new platform is never easy. The color change, especially the cream background is really helpful. No more eye pain! I really do miss the daily digest, but I have to say that I will get a lot more sewing done if I don't spend quite so much time reading.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 AM

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize those who voiced negative comments about the new board. Many of the quilters are grandma's and great grandma's and have not had a lot of computer experience. In fact, I am the only one in the great grandma category amid my friends that even knows how to or is willing to use the computer. (My business background gave me good computer knowledge). My husband only knows to pull the plug if the computer needs to be turned off.

I didn't read any "cruel" negative comments, but then they were deleted before I really went through too many. People can say very negative things if they feel they are losing something that was important to them and I'm sure they wouldn't even bother if they didn't care.

I was surprised that the board made changes to this degree when so many quilters are not that computer savvy. I applaud those of you who are working through it, and feel genuinely sorry for those quilters that will probably be lost because of the change. Hopefully they will return.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:19 AM

I would like to add my thanks too, yes the new format is different and takes getting used to, but after 3 days I am liking it more and more every day. Thanks again for all the hard work.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:20 AM

It will all work out in the end! change is hard to deal with but I am sure three months from now it will all have settled downand a year from now we will all wonder what the fuss was all about!