Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by BigDog View Post
lol. Would you prefer I be a babbling fool with a couple thousand posts in a little over a year? Trust me, that won't happen. I'm too busy living and quilting.
Humpf...I guess I'm a babbling fool and busy living and quilting...and doing all of it while I wander around in circles figuring out the new QB. Yes, I have gotten lost, I have cursed, I have laughed at myself & others, I have bit my tongue, I have voiced my frustrations...all the while trying to remember what it was like for me more than once as the administrator behind a computer hardware and software conversion.

Oh look...I babbled on some more
Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM

I have to say that even though the negative comments weren't directed at me I still felt bad. I'm sorry to see some of the people leave just because somethings are different! I mean when we all started on the board it was new to us and we learned how to use it! I'm still trying to figure somethings out and I have helped a couple of people that were trying to make it way harder than it is! I am liking the new site and I thank PJ and the others that have worked so hard on it and I will be staying on here!! Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 PM

THINK POSITIVE thoughts everyone!! I am not a computer savy gal BUT, am willing to try and learn. Just sit down with a cup of coffee and point and click.....There's alot of new cool stuff and SOMEONE took alot of time to prepare the upgrades ... and YES it is for our benefit. Have FUN... if you need help grab a teenager they aren't afraid to just dive in. ( and I do not have a teen around to help just my hubby! )
Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 PM

Thank you for your comments. While I am not wild about change, I will be one of the first to say change is good. In a few weeks we will be familiar with the new system and love it. People should not be quick to judge something that has changed until they have experienced the new way. They should think about all of the lifestyle changes in their life time alone. Like TV, cell phones, PCs, microwaves and much more. Here's a Big Thanks to everyone who worked on the update of the system.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 PM

I must confess, I'm a Scorpio and stubborness is one of my "downsides" At first I was so confused with the new board and just decided I didn't like it. Scorpios are also known for their determination, so I'm working hard to learn all the new tricks. I love this board and all the wonderful people on it and I just would not leave for anything. I have learned so much here and feel like I belong to the family. So, Patrice, I'm sorry I was such a "stinker"....I know how hard you all worked so hard to give us the best and latest technology and I'll soon be whizzing around like a pro!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by MacThayer View Post
Patrice, Tell your computer guys that there is a problem between the format of the new site, and the Mac computer. Even when I move from Safari to Firefox (which usually gives me more functionality under circumstances like these), I am not getting additional functionality. Case in point: I am unable, under any circumstances, to upload an image, and yes, I have watched the tutorial a half a dozen times. It does not work that way for me. As soon as I try to upload anything, the web site freezes up, and I have to: command/escape from a frozen site, and start all over. And yes, I have checked this out with a Mac Expert with over 30 years of experience working on every aspect of the Mac as well as building Mac websites, maintaining and upgrading Mac Websites for Corporate clients, and maintaining Mac Servers. He took my computer and logged onto your site, and after playing with it for a while, and trying to upload images, he said the problem was with the server, not my computer, and that the server isn't built to be friendly to Mac's. So I'm not trying to be negative here, just trying to be informative. I love this site, but I won't stay here if I can't fully participate. I hope this can be worked out. Thanks!
I exported a picture from iPhoto as a .jpg (small) saved it to the desktop and it uploaded just fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]281984[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iMac using Safari
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Thanks, Patrice, for changing the screen color to the soft creme; it's so much easier on the eyes.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM

I still can not post pictures, I used to on the old board.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 PM

I'm behind you Patrice.

I will continue to use the board and I know that in time it will feel like home, again. Patience and perserverence is the key for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 PM

I must admit that I don't get on the computer every day and after about a week I keyed in for this program and kept getting weird messages about unavailability. I started getting that panicky feeling like "where is everybody". I had to key through several days of email before I finally found one that kicked in the new setup. WHEW WHAT A RELIEF.
Not too happy with the additional scrolling required, but I'm sure over time adjustments will be made. In any case I'm very happy that the program is still with us.