Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts from Patrice

Blog Entries
    A BIG to everyone who put this together. I will learn to use it...eventually.
    God is good all the time.

I know there are pages and pages of this thread. I just had to comment on the color chosen. It's fabulous! I am a teacher that works with blind and visually impaired students. I look at websites and wonder when gray became the new black. The response boxes and choices in such a light gray that I have problems seeing them. I can't imagine how difficult it is for my visually impaired (legally blind) students and others can navigate these sites. So thank you for being responsive to the needs of those who are visually impaired.

Patrice, thanks for hanging in there. This is a difficult change. I like most of the new stuff that's here and the improvements.
    http://q-nonnie.blogspot.com

I have this rope in my hands. I can't figure out whether I found a rope or lost my horse.

Banned
    Patrice, thanks for all that you have done as the go between for us and the big guys!! I know that this format might be hard for some of our members but I know after a little time and the bugs get worked out it will be so much better than the old board.

In the meantime I am going to play around our new digs and see what all else I can get into LOL!!!

Billy

I am having a hard time adjusting to the new board - but I'm old and I have gotten to where I hate change of any kind -
    even good change is quite a challenge. So - I will stick with this new board knowing that eventually I will get so comfortable with it that if it changes, I will hate that change also.

Changes

I do not think I was using all the options on the "old board". When reading the comments of some of the other members wondering where those features were....I'm probably in for a real treat, finding new places to visit.

I'm with those who have jobs which include computers......CHANGE......is difficult....I pull out my hair whenever I need to learn something new .....it takes time....so I'm learning...slow to learn, but will learn......soon it we won't remember the old format.

Please be patient with me as well, if I ask some dumb questions....

Patrice,
    I have gone thru this test mode several times and know what a headache it is. Now that I'm retired I am a little slower remembering how things are done, however with a little persistance I'm finding how to work thing out. Mostly wanted to thank you for your help in geting signed-in, that was the bigest hurdle. Thanks again for your help.

Power Poster
    thanks for all you have done it will be great once all the bugs get worked out just takes time maureen
    QUILTNMO

Blog Entries
    To be honest, the old site was a bit antiquated. The new one will be fine. I think we all are overwhelmed with all the new technology we are obligated to learn in order to keep up or be left in the dark.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbud2 View Post
    I'm getting there. Still can't folly the difference between the envelopes on the tread titles - the colors are so close!! Hard to tell which are the newer postings. But I'm getting there. Slowly but surely
    I, too, can't disquinsh among the different envelope colors, but other than that I'm getting to like the new board. (I'm still muddling through with Windows 7 and I've had it for a year!) Still don't know what the "Ignore" button is or where it's located!

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    For some people, change is a hard thing. If you've ever worked in environments where computer upgrades happen every so often and totally affect your work, well this is just the same. Take a deep breath and go with the flow. There are some great changes and we'll see them as we enjoy the new process.
    I was thinking the same thing. Today is my first day really being able to dig into the new site. I had gotten into the habit while eating my breakfast at work, to get on the board before my workday starts, but when the new site kicked in this week, I closed it up and waited until now to see what it is all about. Immediately, I can say I like the new background color! Kudos to anyone involved with the new site. I am one of those who does not like change, but because I work and have to face computer upgrades, new programs, etc. on a yearly basis, I have had to adjust. For those members not quite sure yet, just give it a chance. By Christmas we'll all be back to normal. I say take a deep breath and start exploring!

I Like The New Board

For me I find it alot more user friendly than what was here before.

It also has new features we did not have before which in my book is a plus.

With change in anything there will always be grumbling and usually done by those that don't want to take the time to learn and search as to what is new and what improvements there are.

I'm happy they came out with what is here.

If you haven't yet START with your "profile" and see what is there and than click on other options available and learn what is here.
    clsurz

Like every day life, change happens. Sometimes I don't accept graciously the changes, but I muddle thru, ask questions and get on with it. I was very 'comfortable' on the old site, and I'm sure with time, I'll get 'comfortable' with this one. I am surprised I click on something and POOF, there is something I thought would be some place else. It is all good. I still love seeing what everyone is working on, getting tips I haven't even thought of to wonder about, and seeing 'friends' everyday. Good job on the site, just remember to keep looking over your shoulder and shout a few words of encouragement to us stragglers.

Blog Entries
    I have spent some time on this today and I am starting to enjoy it...it helps to learn when I am not tired and rushed before and after work. Once we all figure it out i think we all will enjoy this. There are settings that you can choose different items...one thing I really like is I can make it so only those on this board can view my posts.

Blog Entries
    I do like the coloring (easier on the eyes) and the larger font is great. I'm still having a little difficulty finding things but guess it will just a little time to figure it out. ie. How does one put something into their favorites? It was so easy before and I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if it's not here to click on like before. Thanks for all your work.

Blog Entries
    I cannot find, in my profile, where to delete a few signatures. Could someone help me please? Thanks! Edie

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Patrice, I also want to thank you as always. Yes, it's a challenge but I can't leave b/c I'm very attached to this other" family" of mine
    I have been busy with other things and haven't had the energy to do much on the board but it will all work out. Things always do.
    Thanks again, Sue

Well, PatriceJ and Web gang,
    Thank you for keeping a positive attitude as we all learn something new. I'm finding stuff I knew was out there but could never seem to locate in the old format; I'm also getting lost as well but ---that's life!

Someplace on here I'll find the tips/tricks for this new format, and then get really moving on using it as designed. I particularly appreciate the additional security features since SPAM is a big problem on my email address.

One thought for down the line improvements - can we get our login to flip to a secure environment (HTTPS rather than HTTP)? Only reason I ask is that I do use a number of wireless connections and would not like my login and password to be visible to a hacker (if the hacker knows the number of characters, it makes it that much easier to hack the password).

You are all doing a great job, and I know that eventually I will understand all the new bells and whistles. Thanks for your patience in working with us to get this stuff modernized.
    VickyS

Hi Patrice,

I want to thank you for the time you have put in both getting ready for the change and this week dealing with everyone regarding the change. I think I have been able to find everything. I am only missing one thing to make me comfy in our new home. (Where I can see only new topics and not recycled topics too).

I like being able to use colors in my messages, I will get used to the layout. I like far too much to even think about leaving. I appreciate the efforts put in by our moderators during this difficult period.
    Vicki W

Im trying Patrice, just takes time to learn all the new things

Quote Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
    Actually, It Does work on my Mac, the problem is resizing the pics. I was easily able to post a pic tht had been taken with a low grade camera and loaded onto my iphoto on mac, but most pf my photos are taken with a good quality canon camera, and then loaded on my Mac. Those will not post, and there seems to be no way to resiz. SO the problem is not the Mac computers

SORRY if this got off topic
    It works with my Mac too.

I don't mind the new changes except I have some questions and on how to do some things and I am not sure where to go to get the answers. I tried the Live Chat and I've tried reading the posts that have complaints but I am not finding answers. Is there a go place or person to ask?

Blog Entries
    Patrice, I am hanging in here with you, as I really appreciate your efforts to keep this a pleasant place to visit. I do have a hard time seeing some of the posts and wish I could use "bold" on the general posts of other people.... (I am older hand have visual problems) . I did love the ease of getting around on the old site, and I am sure eventually will learn this one. Thank you again for all you do, for your patience, and tolerance of those in the group who are a bit "outspoken" and a bit unkind. I urge everyone to be patient, and then, if it isn't your cup of tea, move on. I am staying and hope to be part of this group that has become my extended family of friends. God bless you.....

No complaints here just trying to find my way around, Iam confused however as to why my posts are now DEDUCTING in number instead of adding. 4 days ago I was over 1050, then it jumped down to 1048, and stayed there through about 6 posts, now I just posted on another thread and it said 1047! Whats happening here am I a vanishing poster?
    pat design

I just found the Smiley faces and changed font. What will I learn next!! This is fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
    I think the site is beautiful! I don't understand the complaints...I really don't. It looks so much more like a "quilting board" than it ever did! Thanks.

As for white...I guess most forums and news sites I read have white as the background. That complaint I don't understand at all!
    The stark white background was harder on the eyes of some of our "more mature" members. It does cause eye strain if they sit and read the board for a longer time. I am aware that they have adjusted the BRIGHT white and I am sure that others are grateful for the change.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast