Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 AM

From mobile style, just click on Full Site at bottom of screen in the middle.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:22 AM

I, like a lot of you am trying really hard to feel comfortable with the new site. I have a hard time with computers at the best of times, so it's pretty stressful for me and I find I don't spend the time I used to on the site, too hard for someone simple like me, but I will keep trying. I do appreciate the people who do this site - not your fault I'm dumb lol I still love this board
Wendy
Old 11-05-2011, 03:22 AM

Hi, Patrice. I know you are doing all you can to help us. Yes, we do get impatient. I am learning Windows 7 along with this new site. I do notice the screen is a little less white, for which I am grateful. I am getting used to the new terms and have been going through the new sites. I am not reading the negatives people are posting and find it very disturbing that they think You (the mods) are to blame. We WILL slog along together and get used to our new home. We just have to keep a nightlight on so we don't stumble in the dark. I thank you for all you are doing to help us along this strange hallway of life. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 AM

ok i got up a little early just to try and navigate around here. everyday it does seem to get a little bit easier. we didn't make a "dear jane" quilt on our first attempt, right? it will just take some time and like someone posted earlier - grab a cup of coffee (or for me a bottle of diet mountain dew) and sit back relax and just nose around a bit. i think i am going to like it once i get it figured out.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 AM

A good business knows when it is time to update. And now was you time! We all will adjust and discover the New and Improved Q/B. Thank You for all that you do to enlighten and educate. I know I would not have tried and explored many new territories if it was not for this page. And if I do recall it is FREE!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 AM

I have never posted to this forum before, but I want to say thank you to Patrice for making sure that this is a safe place for us to share quilting with each other. Just think of this new site in terms of a new quilting technique. Keep plugging away until you get it right!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by TnBecky View Post
It must be so nice to have everything in your life go so perfectly that you never complain. Or is it just a fact that people will people just take whatever they are given and say that's okay. I don't think the world works that way & I truely hope that people will stand up when they think something is not right or could be better. It's a shame that you don't take people's complaint's as seriously as you do all the compliments. My biggest complaint, like others, is the background color. I do sincerely hope that can be worked out. If we don't listen to all things/people then we get what they want us to have & nothing any better. Sorry I am not a complainer or a whinner, but if I disagree it is because I truely believe in what I say. Your right this is a great place. So many people go out of their way to help and I for one greatly appreciate that. So I guess that I will step down off my soap box now & go back to learning.
I have to say that I understand what TNBecky is saying. Maybe we should use the word, 'disagreeing' instead of 'complaining' and it would be better. We have the right to 'disagree' if it's done in a tactful way. How else are we going to know a person's true feelings. And we should have that right on here to 'disagree' or not like something; and to speak up about it. I like the kind of person that I fell is telling me what they REALLY think and feel; and not what they think I want to hear or what is going to make them friends. Therefore, I disagree with those who are 'complaining' (or disagreeing) with the ones who have given negative feedback to the changes. We all have that right IF we aren't being vicious; and spiteful. Today's give and take as been healthy and good. Nothing wrong with disagreeing AND speaking up about it. Just do it in a thoughtful and truthful way. I enjoyed the simplicity of the former forum and being able to easily look at that list and see what I wanted to read more about before going on with my busy day. BUT I will get used to this one also; and then decide if it's what I want or go on. And I really can't imagine 'going on'. But let's agree to disagree; be willing to accept the differences; do it all in a tackful, honest tone; and go on!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:35 AM

I hope this is where we can communicate feedback also? I appreciate the upgrades and improvements. Have alot to still figure out, but compared to the complete program changes we made at school this year(groan, grit teeth, think kind thoughts...) it will be fun finding the new bells and whistles. I would like to let the powers that be know that I usually access the board on my iPhone and the new format is more difficult to read than the old one. The white font on the ribbons, the aqua font, and the size of the font on the ribbons. Not trying to be critical, just trying to inform.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:40 AM

I confess that I was one who initially complained but then I posted an apology. Patrice, I appreciate all of your efforts and those of the moderators. I know you always have our best interests at heart and seldom get the gratitude you deserve. Breathe deeply and pat yourself on the back for putting up with us.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 AM

I think it is lovely - very professional looking. Much nicer than the old site. Thank you for all you do!
Nancy