Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 AM

I really have been enjoying reading the posts and learning something about each of us swappers. It makes it so much fun to be around such a diverse group. For me the most fun is the planning, chosing the fabric and design to make and create.

Jan
Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 AM

ummmm. I am diversified in my tastes. My family room, in which I spend a lot of time drinking tea leans towards rustic/primitive...blues, browns, and gold....HOWEVER, my studio is a renovated garage and I went wild with hot pink cement floors and bright, bright colors...so whoever is my secret friend, you can be as traditional or as crazy as you like...I am sure I will love whatever you decide to do!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 AM

Life sent a few curve balls at me the last couple of weeks but I should be back on track this week. I'm on third shift so I should get a lot of thinking/planning/stalking/teasing done.

I've skimmed most of the posts I've missed so I know that WI doesn't have an A in it, my zip doesn't add up to 16 but I do live in a "moo-ving" state.

Hint: You live in a state larger than Rhode Island.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:24 PM

Here is a hint on the mug rug I am doing.....
Attached Thumbnails hint-mr.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:37 PM

I personally love Diet Coke and I just found the cutest mug rug someone made for a swap. LOVE!!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM

ladysaint, I love your colors!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
Hint: You live in a state larger than Rhode Island.
Ok, that's pretty funny! Aren't all of them larger than Rhode Island?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post

Dabbler312, is your dog an Anatolian or Great Pyrenees?
Mr. Beasley is a Great Pyrenees - he's very stand offish.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
Here is a hint on the mug rug I am doing.....

LOVE love LOVE the color choices!!

Okay so I noticed the questions on here are similar to those on another swap I'm in. So I. Cut & pasted the answers to this one as well. Please LMK of this is okay or not.
Oh yes, since i DONT have even one mug rug....I'd probably use mine all the time. So it doesn't have to be 'holiday' themed. Thank you.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
White chocolate I do not like anything with chocolate, in it, on it, beside it... But I REALLY do like NIPS Carmel.

My 'baby' is a 4 1/2 lb Yorkie named Gabby. We don't do cats at our house due to serve allergies.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Fun fab colors are hot pink & lime green $ ANYTzhING with Lucy & Ethel fabric
Other than my fun colors I use hunter green / burgundy & true golds in our living room.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Yellow, black, orange

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
. Seam rippers, no thank you, I have a favorite one I love. Small rulers.....yes, in fact I'd like to find some of The Twister Tool rulers in a small / med size.
And a good LED light that would attach to my machine, for all my late night quilting rondavues.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I have plenty of quilt books & patterns, thank you.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Not really. We are Christians, attend church, I teach a ladies BS so outside of that I dont have much time for regular reading.

. The only thing I sort of collect is quilting tshirts. A size XL. But other than that, no thank you.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? A needle case can always be used. As I hand applique but I have a most favorite wool pin cushion. Thank you for asking.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? Oh yes! I'd be barefoot all year long if I could be, but with winter coming on I Atleast wear socks....the cutier/funnier the better!

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:
I prefer fruity flavored hot teas over coffee. Anything I Love Lucy would be nice.
Prefer Anything homemade, over bought. I do have a small mini hanging stand that holds 12x 12 to 13x13 square mini designs. These are fun to change out seasonally or just whenever the 'mood' strikes me. ( in the Lucy & Ethel friendship can you tell which one I am)???

Do you do applique? Embroidery? I hand applique a lot, prefer to use silk threads only. I do embroidery but only on blocks that need it, nothing else. So I have enough DMC floss For all I do.

I hand applique while sitting at the Dr / hospital with our 25 yo daughter who has special health needs. If you'd like to add her to your prayer list feel free to do so. Her web page is: Www.caringbridge.org/visit/Shea

What do you do when you're not quilting?. Enjoy being YAIYAI to our one & only GRANDson!

Last edited by LAQUITA; 10-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
LOVE love LOVE the color choices!!

Okay so I noticed the questions on here are similar to those on another swap I'm in. So I. Cut & pasted the answers to this one as well. Please LMK of this is okay or not.
Oh yes, since i DONT have even one mug rug....I'd probably use mine all the time. So it doesn't have to be 'holiday' themed. Thank you.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
White chocolate I do not like anything with chocolate, in it, on it, beside it... But I REALLY do like NIPS Carmel.

My 'baby' is a 4 1/2 lb Yorkie named Gabby. We don't do cats at our house due to serve allergies.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Fun fab colors are hot pink & lime green $ ANYTzhING with Lucy & Ethel fabric
Other than my fun colors I use hunter green / burgundy & true golds in our living room.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Yellow, black, orange

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
. Seam rippers, no thank you, I have a favorite one I love. Small rulers.....yes, in fact I'd like to find some of The Twister Tool rulers in a small / med size.
And a good LED light that would attach to my machine, for all my late night quilting rondavues.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. I have plenty of quilt books & patterns, thank you.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Not really. We are Christians, attend church, I teach a ladies BS so outside of that I dont have much time for regular reading.

. The only thing I sort of collect is quilting tshirts. A size XL. But other than that, no thank you.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? A needle case can always be used. As I hand applique but I have a most favorite wool pin cushion. Thank you for asking.

Would you enjoy receiving socks? Oh yes! I'd be barefoot all year long if I could be, but with winter coming on I Atleast wear socks....the cutier/funnier the better!

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package:
I prefer fruity flavored hot teas over coffee. Anything I Love Lucy would be nice.
Prefer Anything homemade, over bought. I do have a small mini hanging stand that holds 12x 12 to 13x13 square mini designs. These are fun to change out seasonally or just whenever the 'mood' strikes me. ( in the Lucy & Ethel friendship can you tell which one I am)???

Do you do applique? Embroidery? I hand applique a lot, prefer to use silk threads only. I do embroidery but only on blocks that need it, nothing else. So I have enough DMC floss For all I do.

I hand applique while sitting at the Dr / hospital with our 25 yo daughter who has special health needs. If you'd like to add her to your prayer list feel free to do so. Her web page is: Www.caringbridge.org/visit/Shea

What do you do when you're not quilting?. Enjoy being YAIYAI to our one & only GRANDson!
I am praying for Shea. Thanks for posting her caringbridge link. My heart goes out to her and your whole family.