Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thank you Grama Lehr, they all beautiful!!!!
Phewwww! I have sent some out to other people that got lost in LA-LA Land!!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
Thank you Grama Lehr, they all beautiful!!!!
Phewwww! I have sent some out to other people that got lost in LA-LA Land!!
I have a few packages out there too!!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
When I fasted the ringing in my ears lessoned a lot and even actually stopped for a few days, it was the only time in the past 23 years that I have heard silence.

Feel better.
Wow! You just helped me realize that the ringing in my ears has disappeared! Woohoo!

Since beginning to diet at the beginning of August, I eat a really plain diet of meats baked, broiled, or grilled, along with salads or a cooked vege. Since the start i've lost 32 lbs. Just since Nov 1st I've lost 3.6 lbs. I also just started Alternate Day Fasting and was not hungry at all this morning. I ate anyway as tomorrow is my next fasting day.

May everyone have a fantastic month!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

It doesn't look very hard. It could be 3in. blocks. The presents could be 1 1/2in stripes 3 of each sewn witht he 1/4in seam together then cut to 3in sq. The bows are probably applique and the star I would have to work on to figure out the right size hst's and sq's to make it 3in altogether.
Give me a day or so to figure it out. I am sure you could make the blocks bigger depending on the size you wanted in the end. Do you know how big it is. If you went with 3 in blocks then it would be 30in X 39in., if I figured it right.
I need to edit this! It should be 3 1/2 sq's for the seam allowance.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

It doesn't look very hard. It could be 3in. blocks. The presents could be 1 1/2in stripes 3 of each sewn witht he 1/4in seam together then cut to 3in sq. The bows are probably applique and the star I would have to work on to figure out the right size hst's and sq's to make it 3in altogether.
Give me a day or so to figure it out. I am sure you could make the blocks bigger depending on the size you wanted in the end. Do you know how big it is. If you went with 3 in blocks then it would be 30in X 39in., if I figured it right.
darn send button!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by fryguymoore
When I fasted the ringing in my ears lessoned a lot and even actually stopped for a few days, it was the only time in the past 23 years that I have heard silence.

Feel better.
Wow! You just helped me realize that the ringing in my ears has disappeared! Woohoo!

Since beginning to diet at the beginning of August, I eat a really plain diet of meats baked, broiled, or grilled, along with salads or a cooked vege. Since the start i've lost 32 lbs. Just since Nov 1st I've lost 3.6 lbs. I also just started Alternate Day Fasting and was not hungry at all this morning. I ate anyway as tomorrow is my next fasting day.

May everyone have a fantastic month!
That is not a diet I would like!!! The first any of any fast is sooooo hard for me, I would hate to have keep doing it over and over again.

No more fasting for me unless I pass my "kill myself' weight, which technically I am now but only by 1.5 pounds.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Fasting is only for medical tests. . .
Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 PM

I counted the blocks and there are 10 across and 13 down. I think the blocks are cut 5 1/2inches.. what do you think?
:?:
Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 PM

It may be but I feel cleansed today.

For those who enjoy pizza, I envy you. If I eat pizza, the next morning I'm so swollen, I feel like the Pillsbury dough boy.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:17 PM

I only have the first page of the pattern since I too figured I would just figure it out. It says it can be 55 X 71 for a lap quilt or 35 X 45 for a wall hanging.

If you do figure it out for the lap quilt I would love to have the numbers too. Otherwise I will just wait until the F4 start rolling in and calculate it then! :) :) :)