Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >
  • [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

• [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 AM

hey, ladies...can anyone recall where that spreadsheet for around the world is on this thread...or was it one of the weekly threads. This was quite recently, and then the lady that posted it said it was labeled wrong, and would get back with the updated, corrected version. I have looked and looked. Help. It looked like a great planning sheet for some upfront planning of colors.
    Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions, via either PM or email. Blue Chickens don't have teeth, so I won't bite, honest. ;-)
    Old 01-31-2010, 12:10 PM

Attention to all the Cyber Block Party Participants:

The show is still on...we are still doing the Cyber Party. I know there have been some questions going around and curiousity. If you want to know if KLue is still participating...which seems to be the question I am asked most often, I would URGE you to contact her directly with a PM.

As for me, well, I'm going to attempt to lead us in the remainder of this project that was started. I can't see abandoning all this hard work on our Board, so I URGE each of you to contribute as much as you can. We are going to continue with the weekly photos and will just have to have tutes that deal with special issues around the block creations. I think by now, there is very little that each of you need that much help on! If you have a question about a pattern, how to put it together, etc., I am happy to respond on the forum or by pm, or by email. If you don't have my email address, please PM me and I'll send it to you. I have no intention of doing anything to violate the existing copyrights and trademarks by the author of the Dear Jane book. We can do this project without doing that!!

So, any questions for me? Send me a pm
    Any questionss for the group? Post 'em.

Stitchfully yours,
    Esq
    Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm just getting started with mine....this thread and the others are what first introduced me to Jane Stickle's quilt, and are responsible for me wanting to make a semi-reproduction of it.

I can't believe that anyone who truly loves that quilt would prohibit anyone from helping others to make it!
    Old 01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
    Power Poster

I haven't let it stop me, but I refer to it now as my Jane Stickle quilt, which as far as I am concerned, it is. I've got a fair way along the way, so I too am willing to help with questions if anyone has a problem.
    Old 01-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

The show is still on...we are still doing the Cyber Party. I know there have been some questions going around and curiousity. If you want to know if KLue is still participating...which seems to be the question I am asked most often, I would URGE you to contact her directly with a PM.

As for me, well, I'm going to attempt to lead us in the remainder of this project that was started. I can't see abandoning all this hard work on our Board, so I URGE each of you to contribute as much as you can. We are going to continue with the weekly photos and will just have to have tutes that deal with special issues around the block creations. I think by now, there is very little that each of you need that much help on! If you have a question about a pattern, how to put it together, etc., I am happy to respond on the forum or by pm, or by email. If you don't have my email address, please PM me and I'll send it to you. I have no intention of doing anything to violate the existing copyrights and trademarks by the author of the Dear Jane book. We can do this project without doing that!!

Stitchfully yours,
    Esq
    Just want to say you are a dear and thank you, Klue and Blue for all your time and effort in keeping this whole thing going! I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful new friends here. I just wish we could all get together and sit and sew while sharing a cup or two of coffee!
    Big hugs to you all, Sheree
    Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 PM

Dont' forget about Esqmommy. ;-)
    Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Hi everbody, I stop by to check out your pictures from time to time. You all are doing great! I got my computer working again and have been trying to learn PP. I think I need to start with some easier JS blocks. I am still going to make my quilt just don't think I can keep up or catch up with you all.
    Old 01-31-2010, 03:30 PM

Kim,
    We'll all have our moments when we fall a bit behind. Thanks to the schedule that Klue set up, it's not been that difficult so far. I'm not doing the triangles because it's not part of my design and honestly, I wouldn't be able to keep that schedule up, either. Just jump in when you can and please don't worry about the type of block it's supposed to be. We had a couple "advanced" blocks early on and they went smoother than the beginner ones. Everyone here is very helpful and I'm sure would be glad to assist when they can.
    Old 01-31-2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

Stitchfully yours,
    Esq
    Thank you for posting this - I appreciate all the work you are doing to keep this going - of course we don't want to violate the copyrights and I know this goes without saying that this was never the intention. Klue's encouragement and knowledge got this party started - I hope one day soon we can continue on with the full cast! Happy Quilting everyone!