Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Klue, now Krazyquilt has joined us, how many people are doing this quilt here together? Had an awful moment yesterday when my printer refused to work, but I have it back again today - phew!
we're at 77 people - which is just an amazing number.

if this is going to be like the swaps we will have a 99% completion rate.
WOW, I thought it was in the 60's but 77 Jane Stickle quilts are really impressive. Keep going everyone, we don't want any drop outs, do we?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

For those of you looking for applique help...I just found this thread on the board. It contains 2 links to a technique called "back basting". It looks like it will work vey well for the small JS blocks. Just thought I'd share.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34829-1.htm#746827
Old 01-23-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by krazyquilt
Wow, this is great...I already have the software, book, ruler and the fabric and this is just what I need to help start this project and keep me on track. Thank you for organizing this!
Krazyquilt is a friend of mine. Like me, she had no idea a website for quilters existed. So glad she joined!

There's a retreat we're going to in March, see here if anyone else wants to join: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34159-4.htm We'll be able to do DJ blocks together at retreat. Life is good! :D

I'm going to start on my DJ blocks tomorrow. I have the software loaded and a slightly cleaned sewing room. I've been chicken to start because it looks so overwhelming, but I'm devoting tomorrow to JUST DO IT! :lol: at myself!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Sorry, just spotted Britain. Great
Is England the correct term? Or Britain? My geography really sucks, sorry.
Britain is the PC version because England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland are grouped together into Britain, Great Britain or United Kingdom, for example i was born in Wales but live in England, but I am still British? How is that for confusion?!?!? LOL
Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM

is any one doing the certificates and if so are you just counting blocks or are you counting triangles as blocks too :?:
Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM

I've only just picked up the thread today because it hasn't been coming through again, i was thinking about doing the quilt as you do method for my quilt, although I've never tried it before it seems that it would be manageable for my FM arms and back. Other thought is - should I be saving blank triangles from my scraps for the border pieces, so far they are just stuck in a box? Ideas would be appreciated.

Klue - great news about DH, both of my uncles have had colon cancer and it is a cruel illness. So go on nagging him, you are doing a good job!

My drama of the week is that we have run out of ink in the printer and haven't had any cash to get a new one for several days. It is driving me absolutely nuts and DH keeps asking me why I am not sewing tonight! grrrrrr! you have to laugh don't you :)
Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
is any one doing the certificates and if so are you just counting blocks or are you counting triangles as blocks too :?:
I'm counting triangles as blocks, most of the time, they seem to take longer than a block!

Sorry about your lack of printer ink - I thought my printer had died yesterday, but found the problem this morning, and heaved a sigh of relief.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
I've only just picked up the thread today because it hasn't been coming through again, i was thinking about doing the quilt as you do method for my quilt, although I've never tried it before it seems that it would be manageable for my FM arms and back. Other thought is - should I be saving blank triangles from my scraps for the border pieces, so far they are just stuck in a box? Ideas would be appreciated.

Klue - great news about DH, both of my uncles have had colon cancer and it is a cruel illness. So go on nagging him, you are doing a good job!

My drama of the week is that we have run out of ink in the printer and haven't had any cash to get a new one for several days. It is driving me absolutely nuts and DH keeps asking me why I am not sewing tonight! grrrrrr! you have to laugh don't you :)
i would start setting aside scraps for the blank triangles.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

i'm not printing out the certs but i am keeping track of how many block/triangles/kites i've made and how many total pieces.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 PM

I'm saving whatever is left over from the FQ or piece of fabric to make my blank triangles. I thought it would look cool.

What certificates are you talking about? Have I missed something? I ordered the DJ book to use as my journal so am waiting for that. I'm keeping track of the pieces as I go on each block.