Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Rachel, you might want to look at something like this for your oranges if you can find it. Klue was using the "strip it" for her red...if you can find it in orange..that would work wonderfully for you!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rachel, you might want to look at something like this for your oranges if you can find it. Klue was using the "strip it" for her red...if you can find it in orange..that would work wonderfully for you!
Hmm never heard of it, did a quick looksie and it looks like a jelly roll type thing .... that could work since it's a smaller amount of fabrics, I'll have to keep an eye out for orange. :) I am starting a new block today, M-11. That one didn't look too hard, I'll post pics when I am done!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Well duh...it would have helped you if I had included the link in the post huh???? I'm stupid tonight...I'll blame it on the old "menie" :lol::lol: Here is the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23790-3.htm Scroll down the page until you get to the red/white stripes
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well duh...it would have helped you if I had included the link in the post huh???? I'm stupid tonight...I'll blame it on the old "menie" :lol::lol: Here is the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23790-3.htm Scroll down the page until you get to the red/white stripes
I gotcha now!! that would be cool if they had it in orange!! :) Hmmm I'll have to try and track that down .....

Rachel
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 PM

Rachel, Ihave to tell you orange is very difficult to find, sorry to be the bearer of news like that. I had a project that called for orange, eventually I found a batik with orange in that I could use, but will have a little search for you too to see what I can come up with.

Elle
Old 06-18-2010, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Rachel, Ihave to tell you orange is very difficult to find, sorry to be the bearer of news like that. I had a project that called for orange, eventually I found a batik with orange in that I could use, but will have a little search for you too to see what I can come up with.

Elle
I agree!! That's why I asked people on the board to help me. I traded some of my scraps for good size pieces of orange. I ended up with quite a few usable pieces, but probably not even half of what I need. Hopefully I will be able to find enough in the time that it takes me to use what I have (which most likely I will as I have a feeling this quilt will end up being finished on the eve on my son's wedding night and he's 7 :-D :shock: ) But I know this is an almost impossible task, especially trying to find 3 shades of orange!!! :) That's kind of why I went with Pat's idea of having the white in there, not so much orange to find!! :) :)

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Power Poster

Rachel, you might not need as much as you think. If you think of the largest diamond shape on the quilt (in my case it was a Turqoise that went from A7 to G13, to M7 to G1, I only had 1 yard). Admittedly, there isn't much left of it, but I thought that wsan't bad. The four blocks around the middle block, I had a fat quarter to do them, and again, that went well
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Rachel, you might not need as much as you think. If you think of the largest diamond shape on the quilt (in my case it was a Turqoise that went from A7 to G13, to M7 to G1, I only had 1 yard). Admittedly, there isn't much left of it, but I thought that wsan't bad. The four blocks around the middle block, I had a fat quarter to do them, and again, that went well
Yes I am discovering that as I do a few blocks, I thought I would need at least an 1/8 yard, but like for M11 I just did, I think I used maybe half of an 1/8 yard cut. I know some will need more, some less, so I just have all my pieces together now, even the small ones. But since I am trying to have every orange block with a different fabric, I still need a lot of different orange prints. LOL I guess as I near the end my thought on all different oranges may change as they get harder to find!!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-18-2010, 04:40 AM

I have good news for you Rachel. I have found a store that sells loads of orange fabrics, about 7 pages in fact, sure to find something in there I think?

Here is the link:

www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores/-app/Browse-dept-items.asp?T=&Store

Hope this works for you, if not just put in www.fatquarter.com
and search button for Orange

Elle
Old 06-18-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have good news for you Rachel. I have found a store that sells loads of orange fabrics, about 7 pages in fact, sure to find something in there I think?

Here is the link:

www.fatquartershop.com/store/stores/-app/Browse-dept-items.asp?T=&Store

Hope this works for you, if not just put in www.fatquarter.com
and search button for Orange

Elle
Ohhh good find! Although you'd think seeing as the name of their site is "Fat Quarter Shop" they would sell all their fabrics in fat quarter cuts as well, but no you have to buy at least a half yard. LOL Still they have a lot of different options from what I currently have, which is a good thing!! Thanks for poitning that out!!

Cheers!
Rachel