Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 09-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Jump on in with us! The more the merrier and all that. There is a schedule that we are working with toward the front, but I don't know what page. The first schedule has errors, so go to the second schedule. We had a lot to start with, and there are some of us, like me, who fell by the wayside and are getting it back together to rejoin. Check out the beginning of this thread. You will hear more from others, but I for one welcome you!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Looks great to me. Wonder if I'll ever get mine to that stage!!!

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Well, I promised to upload this 2 days ago, but the fates (& weather & camera were against me) but this morning I got it! I hope it comes through OK.

Not the best, perhaps this weekend I can get a better shot with more sunlight to help. The colors don't look right.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Quilts with Convicts! Your DJ is beautiful. I wonder if mine will ever get to that stage! Yes, it will, yes it will, I have to keep up the mantra!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM

HELLO!!! It's been too long. I hope everyone's jane is coming along. I posted my 149th block today and have just 20 of the main blocks left. Life is good.
Best Wishes & HAPPY QUILTING =)
Heather
Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Welcome Jennifer, come and join us, its great fun and without the ladies here I am sure I wouldn´t have kept going so thats the best thing about this group.

Some have started at our schedule where we are at the moment and then worked back the way.

As I think Shemjo said the 1st Schedule did have some mistakes in it and there is a second schedule which is the one we are all working to. I will try and find out which page it was.

Elle
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh Kathy...that is beautiful! I see that you did the ATW color scheme. So, are you going to add the triangles to it or finish it as is? Its wonderful!...Thanks for the inspiration to keep me going on mine!
I'm plugging along on the triangles. Have the left side done and am on #9 of the top row. All are drawn (traced) on freezer paper. Half are either pieced or ready for piecing. The other half & the corners are waiting for me to cut apart, iron and draw around.

Yes, I am doing the ATW setting, but somewhere I read that there were purple squares in the original. I didn't pick up on that. I also changed the pink into blue, I think. 13 years ago is a while back. ☺ I am not sticking to the color plan exactly for the triangles as I don't have that many browns and want more color out there. The corners are going to be blue with the one gold corner. Don't have any suitable pinks for them. I have branched out into more vibrant colors in my 60s.

I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow morning when the sun us really up. This morning's pic was taken just after sunrise and the color is rather muddy. Too many blocks have lost their definition.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 PM

quilts with convicts that is just gorgeous.

jennifer a great big welcome to you. the ladies here are the best.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Jennifer! I looks like (from your signature line) that you are working on 2 Janes! Oh my! You are a brave lady! Don't worry too much about schedules..work it however you would like. We had a schedule to help keep us on track and I think that the group is doing pretty well plugging along. Do you have a pic of your group of blocks? We'd love to see them!

Now that school is starting back, I'm hoping that more will join us...its great motivation!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Yes, it will, yes, it will . . .

I'll help a bit.

Happy Stitching
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
HELLO!!! It's been too long. I hope everyone's jane is coming along. I posted my 149th block today and have just 20 of the main blocks left. Life is good.
Best Wishes & HAPPY QUILTING =)
Heather
Retrogirl its nice to see you back again, well done on the 149th block mark. I have to get back to my DJ blocks as well this week end, been catching up on another project. Those blocks are addictive when once you get back to them.