Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 06-19-2010, 06:42 AM

Here are the M-11 blocks I made last night :) This wasn't too hard, but I learned a lot about lining up diamond corners. LOL

Rachel
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88528.jpe  
Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 AM

Very nice Rachel, both blocks, but I like the orange the most
Old 06-19-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Very nice Rachel, both blocks, but I like the orange the most
Thanks!! I agree, the blue and orange is so striking I think. plus the block turned out better. LOL you can see in the lower left of the blue and white where I completely chopped of the point of the diamond. But since that one is my 'test' quilt, I am not going to unsew and fix those ones too much unless the error is really glaring. I will unsew as necessary on the blue and orange though as I want that one to be really nice. :)

Rachel
Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 AM

Rachel you are very brave to do two, there are quite a few doing two and I take my hat off to you all.

Elle
Old 06-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh...how hard did you have to fiddle with that orange to get those little stars in the center of the center row of diamonds Rachel??? :shock: Those look great and I'm with Elle....my hat if off and I'm bowing down to all of you doing 2 Janes at once....you are either very brave or...well... :lol: :roll:
Old 06-19-2010, 07:19 PM

I'm ready Lace.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh...how hard did you have to fiddle with that orange to get those little stars in the center of the center row of diamonds Rachel??? :shock: Those look great and I'm with Elle....my hat if off and I'm bowing down to all of you doing 2 Janes at once....you are either very brave or...well... :lol: :roll:
Thanks Pat! It actually wasn't too too hard to get the stars centered like that. With the way I paper piece, it's actually pretty simple to fussy cut and center because your paper is folded back. If you have never seen this before, it's actually the same method the girl that makes the 'That Quilt' blog uses:

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

I adore pping this way because I never ever get an angle wrong, and I have very little fabric waste because I do not have to cut my pieces too big. This is because the next piece you are sewing is actually folded back, so you can easily line everything up, whereas with regular pp, you kind of put the pieces of fabric down with a wing and a prayer and hope you have the angle and centering right. LOL Maybe I'll make up my own tute one of these days too. But if you have never tried it, you should give it a shot for one of your blocks. Oh if you give it a try, I don't bother pre-scoring the lines and I have never had trouble with folding back, saves a lot of time that way.

And as far as doing two at once, I certainly am not brave, so I must be the other thing .... hehehe :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

I fold my paper back when pp'ing too Rachel...I agree with you about the lack of waste and lining things up better. It usually works everytime for me...if I'm paying attention :roll:

Thanks for the link though!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Tiff, sorry about your wrist - perhaps a rolled up magazine or newspaper might give extra swish without causing you damage? I've had carpal tunnel problems, so I can sympathsize on your tendon problem. Did you sue the surgeon? It sounds like carelessness to me.
A newspaper would have worked perfectly, but alas, I don't have any due to being allergic to the news print. :roll: Actually, I think I've spanked my dog maybe three times in the past 5 years. He's a wonderful dog, except for that whole eating my snotty tissues thing, which he hasn't done since. Yay!

My wrist is much better. I should have sued the doctor but at the time I was with my ex and he didn't believe in it. My hubby now (much smarter man!) was unhappy that so much time had gone by and basically we couldn't do anything about it.

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Anyone ready for week 25 yet?
Now that's just plain mean! :lol: I think I'm still back at week 8. :|

Jolo, that is wonderful news for both you and your son. I hope he continues to do well and the next round of chemo goes as smoothly. :thumbup:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

So glad to hear your wrist is more comfortable, haven't ever heard of anyone with an allergy to newsprint before, I suppose its better than an allergy to chocolate! If your dog has finally got the message about the tissues, perhaps it was worth the discomfort.

Don't worry about being at week 8, just keep going at these little blocks as often as you can. They don't do themselves, but its very rewarding when you get a handful done. Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

Has anyone seen anything from Esq recently? I haven't and I just hope she is OK.