Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
I couldn't open Rachel's file either....so..can you take a pic of your screen and save it as a jpeg so you can post it here Rachel?

Kimby...I love your fabrics and the around the world in the background too is a fabulous idea!! Please continue on and show us your progress...its going to be a beauty!

Lesley..so sorry about your tooth...did you get some good happy pills? And I'm working on week 23 now..have the tri and a couple of the blocks done..so if you will post...that will be great!
I've done the post Patti , well done for getting on with it - nearly there for this week, yeah!
Gum is coming round, not too painful, I am just very unhappy to have lost my second front tooth. I don't have an appt. with the dental lab until Friday to get it added onto my denture and I am supposed to be going out for the day tomorrow! Thankfully, it's with some good friends, so I hope they will be kind and not sing 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth'!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 AM

I couldn't open Rachel's file either....so..can you take a pic of your screen and save it as a jpeg so you can post it here Rachel?
Hopefully this works :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82001.jpe  
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Rachel...yup, thats a great idea!! So are you planning to piece your back with something different like the one on the left?

Hmm...Lesley..are you talking with a lisp??? Sorry, I couldn't resist and NOW I'm humming "all I want for Christmas"!....gee thanks!! :roll: Thanks for doing the post.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:23 AM

Thanks Rachel...yup, thats a great idea!! So are you planning to piece your back with something different like the one on the left?

Hmm...Lesley..are you talking with a lisp??? Sorry, I couldn't resist and NOW I'm humming "all I want for Christmas"!....gee thanks!! :roll: Thanks for doing the post.
I was thinking it might look neat, if you’re going to do the center stripes as individuals, it wouldn’t look right if you used the same backings at the other blocks (since you’d end up with the same colors touching). So I thought ti might be neat to maybe do the bigger blocks in lighter shades of a color and then do the smaller ones in a darker shade …. Oh course that could all change once I actually have some blocks done. :)

Rachel
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Oooh, that looks interesting Rachel, thank you for posting. And yes, Patti, slightly. Roll on Friday when I should be able to smile to the world.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Still can't see anything of Kimby's design, how come the rest of you can, and I can't? Can you post a pic Kimby please? Perhaps its me not doing something right. Put it down to dental anaesthetic!
Lesley... I will try posting a couple more shots... Hopefully you can see these...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82155.jpe   attachment-82156.jpe   attachment-82157.jpe  
Old 06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

You have made some lovely blocks Rachel, and I like the colour choice too. Are you going to keep going now?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Beautiful in Batiks. That is really pretty.

Elle
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 AM

Thanks guys! You make me blush... :oops:

I have all of the fabric picked out for the blocks. I don't have a plan for the triangles just yet. I am going to the big Quilt show in Knoxville in July, so I am hoping to get some inspiration there. Our group works the first triangles in July so it'll be perfect timing. The idea with the around the world spreading to the background fabrics is that it will go from dark in the corners to white in the center.

I'll make sure to keep y'all posted as I go. This Block Party has been a HUGE inspiration for me. I make sure I catch everyone's block pics each week.

The general concept...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82924.bmp  
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kimby1213
Thanks guys! You make me blush... :oops:

I have all of the fabric picked out for the blocks. I don't have a plan for the triangles just yet. I am going to the big Quilt show in Knoxville in July, so I am hoping to get some inspiration there. Our group works the first triangles in July so it'll be perfect timing. The idea with the around the world spreading to the background fabrics is that it will go from dark in the corners to white in the center.

I'll make sure to keep y'all posted as I go. This Block Party has been a HUGE inspiration for me. I make sure I catch everyone's block pics each week.
I find your diagram really interesting, because I kept my background all the same, and just changed my other fabrics in a TRTW design - they look so different to one another.