Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Kathy, it looks scrumptuous! I also love the piece you have hanging, the circle thing. Looks really great. My space is not a neat as yours. It is a big job to get a quilt ready for quilting!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:43 AM

Oh boy is that looking good? I love your Mariners Compas as well on the wall.

Must go and check out Affairs of the Heart.

Elle
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Checked it out and its beautiful, now I know why there were so many batiks bought on that shopping trip.

Elle
Old 11-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
WOW Kathy, when you decide to make a quilt you certainly move quickly. That is beautiful and I know you hand sew everything.

Elle
Elle, Thanks for the compliment, but the only thing I've hand sewn in the past 13 years is my Baby. While I enjoy the calmness of hand work, I really love finishing things - usually quicker than Jane's Journey. I will be hand quilting JJ, but I am also doing a couple of BOMs that I've started - 2 for our local quilt club and the Carol Doak BOM - all on the machine. Paper piecing is my first love, followed by Celtic Applique, but I haven't done much of that lately. I was quilting a Celtic cross I designed, but got caught up in JJ, so it's sitting waiting for me to remember that I need to finish it. Also have a 4-panel seasons wall hanging that is ready for quilting, another applique quilt of a fancy-schmancy bird, and a quilt I saw in Quilter's Home Magazine that I downloaded and put together. It, too is unquilted. I have to be in the right frame of mind to quilt or I make a mess of it.

4 years ago DH bought me a Janome 6600P that I love, love, love. It's my 2nd Janome - the other is a MC 3000 that is as old as JJ! I try to use it on a regular basis, but since I come home from work tired, it's usually ignored until the weekend. This weekend it also has been left alone as I'm on a mission - which is now completed as JJ is completely basted and ready to quilt tonight. I am going to go say hello to my machine after I catch up here. My goal was to have JJ basted and ready to quilt BEFORE the first frost. It's November 14 & we STILL haven't had a frost. Came close a couple of times, but no frost, yet.

Hapy stitching!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Kathy, I was looking at the Affairs of the Heart...that is a beautiful pattern! Are you planning it to look similar (dark background/batiks) to the pic in the book?
My favorite color is yellow, but black is #2. When I was younger, I loved bumble bees because they were yellow & black. My mother wasn't at all happy that I didn't want pink everything, so I got pink anyway! Idid finally get a yellow room, but only for a short time. My dear Great Aunt Katherine (after whom I'm named) died & I inherited a ton of her antiques. My bedroom became a very grown-up room quickly and was that way until I married.

Yes, I'm using a black background. I love the way black makes any color pop right off the block! I buy black by the bolt - use Hobby Lobby's 40% coupons to buy a bolt of Kona cotton black! That's also the way I buy Warm & Natural - by the bolt w/coupon! However, I'm out of batting and I want to try the new Pellon battings that appear very similar to W&N, but quite a bit less. JJ is sandwiched with Thermore. I can't believe how thin it is!

When you come over for coffee and dessert - how about molten lava cake? :)
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Oh Kathy I wanna come and eat molten java cake it sounds delish.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Oh Kathy I wanna come and eat molten java cake it sounds delish.
Now, I just need to find a recipe for it! By the time you get here, I should have it!

Beam her up, Scotty! Wouldn't that be a great thing to be able to do?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Oh darn it, its molten lava cake. I can find a recipe then you can beam me up, drooling over here

Elle
Old 11-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Kathy - You're so kind! And that was my first impression of everyone else too. I'm VERY happy to be here :-)
Old 11-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Kathy...love your JJ!! She looks gorgeous and almost like she is prissig laying on that table, all spread out!! LOL!! I love that Mariner's on the wall too...fabulous dahling!! It was funny, you were talking about that light being in all your shots...We have the exact same fixture over our kitchen table.

Becky...I love your avatar quilt also1 So simple, yet so elegant...perfect!

I guess its getting time for me to post some more weeks of Jane blocks. I'll try to get to that in the morning.