Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

His name is Konstantine and does a great job administrating this board. I'll have to check that one out Elle..but I think that I'll have to wait a long time until my skills are up to Lesley's to be able to do that quilt.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
His name is Konstantine and does a great job administrating this board. I'll have to check that one out Elle..but I think that I'll have to wait a long time until my skills are up to Lesley's to be able to do that quilt.
Nonsense - you know how to do applique now, and LBB is mostly that.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'll have to check that one out Elle..but I think that I'll have to wait a long time until my skills are up to Lesley's to be able to do that quilt.
What do you mean "skills are up to" ... I think your skills are pretty high up there - just take a look at your Chocolate Jane - that's pretty up there in my very experienced book. I had just assumed (I know, I know) you were very experienced! All you who are doing a Baby are gaining tons of experience!!! And not to mention the ability to do just about anything you set your mind to do. After all, you're doing tiny 4 1/2" blocks with LOTS of tiny pieces. Anything else will seem gigantic after this. I even thought the pieces in Sylvia's Bridal Sampler seemed huge!!! The blocks in Affairs of the Heart are 7" and those would have seemed small before Jane, but now they too are big.

I'm so proud of all of you for doing this quilt. You are friends that need to come over for coffee and chocolate dessert!

Everyone needs to pat themselves on the back for a job being very well done!!! OK, OK, I know you're not finished, but someday you will be! Start taking your bows now!!

By the way, Jane's Journey top is FINISHED!!!!! Will baste her tomorrow. My Connecting Threads order arrived today - I picked up 2 sets of 10 spools each that are being discontinued. I got the Basic Set & the Floral one. I'm going to try to get the Tropical and Dusty next. I love their thread and with the Affairs of the Heart being applique, I'll need all the colors I can get my hands on. Not planning on doing it by hand, though.

Love you guys! Happy stitching.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM

Thanks, Elle. I went to the site - all the cheaper ones are out of stock, but there are still a few in the under $50.00 category. They grow more expensive quickly. Why do you suppose this is?
Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 AM

Hi Kathy, Well this book is out of print so they can charge the earth for it and in some cases get it. Keep looking because one of the sellers had on it that it would be in stock again in 2 or 3 weeks or days canīt remember now think that was around the 34$ mark so keep looking. I do love the quilt but its a bit daunting a lot a lotta work. Canīt think beyond Jane at the moment.

Elle
Old 11-14-2010, 02:16 AM

Patti, You so put yourself down. You forget I have seen your work it is beautiful. You do the most beautiful applique so donīt be putting yourself down. Of course you can do it. It is however a big project and not one that I would do just for that reason, think you would learn a lot from it just like Jane though.

Well on the positive side, I cut out my paper pieces and my fabric for 4 blocks on week 41 so am just about ready to go catch you all now.

Elle
Old 11-14-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Canīt think beyond Jane at the moment.

Elle
Elle, I really can relate about having a one-track mind concerning our Janes! Now that she's ready to be basted, I can sit back and work on some other things at the machine! I usually only quilt at night.

The list I have of WIPs is long, but if I take them one at a time, I should bet through them. Over half are quilts that are pin-basted and ready to machine quilt!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM

No what I meant was I canīt think of what I want to make as a quilt next, sometimes I just donīt explain myself. I have several projects on the go that I just sit and hand sew and now I have started my Jane will do that during the day machining it and at night any appliques I will do at night, in between the other little projects I have going, like a handbag and a fan and two IRRīs are about to hit me anytime soon, I have always got something going. Just want something special for the next quilt I make
Old 11-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Well...thanks ya'll, I might look at LBB for a later date. Kathy, I was looking at the Affairs of the Heart...that is a beautiful pattern! Are you planning it to look similar (dark background/batiks) to the pic in the book? Its really lovely!

Elle...I'm like you..plugging along with lots of different things, but I am quilting the blocks at night and am getting 2-4 done every day. When I get some of these other projects out of the way, I will be able to go faster I think. I'm planning to start sewing the sashing/cornerstones to the blocks as I get them quilted so that when I'm done with that part...all I'll lack is putting it together. Sounds like a plan, huh????
Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM

Well, I have begun basting JJ, but I needed to sit down for a short break. Made another cup of coffee and headed here!

It's been a long time since I basted a large quilt & I had forgotten what a time-consuming chore it is to get it all lined up so that no edge is off the backing/ batting!!! Took well over an hour to press everything and align it up, but I'm basting now! Also have included a glimpse into our home, including my display rack that I designed and made so I could photograph quilts. Only problem is that the light fixture is in every photo!

Have a productive day.

Love,

Basting in Dining Room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126050[/ATTACH]

Another View
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126051[/ATTACH]

My little corner of the dining room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-126045.jpe   attachment-126046.jpe   attachment-126047.jpe