Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
DCDinwiddie, please don't think we are mad going on about sausage skins etc, but it has been a fascinating saga. Glad to hear you are joining in the Jane, don't rush it too fast as you may tire of it. We are all at different stages.

Lesley, skirt is fantastic, can't wait to see the final tada!!
I thought you were joking when you said sausage skins, I think the night of the show "she just might get FRIED LOL

Sorry my weird sense of humour, keeps me going you know. Elle
Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DCDinwiddie
Re: "Dear Jane" I have been planning to make this quilt, have the book and the fabric (scraps,etc) and the will! I'll hurry and catch up with you-all. DD
Oh you have to come and join us, you need a slight degree of madness to attempt it, but its so much fun and very addictive.
Elle
Old 05-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Lacelady: How wonderful that you live next door to your brother! I think that would be fun. I love Sarah’s idea of having your brother put a few stitches into the quilt. Who knows, with the interest he’s showing you may end up with a new quilter on your hands. :lol:

All I can think of when I see that huge dress is...you know, it would make several backings for a quilt! I would love to see that gal try to walk around in it and I simply don’t understand why you don’t want to make one for yourself.

LOL!!!!

Pat, thanks for the explanation about the software not printing out the cutting instructions for everything. I was hoping it was a glitch with just that one piece and I can work around it, just seems strange is all.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Lacelady: How wonderful that you live next door to your brother! I think that would be fun. I love Sarah’s idea of having your brother put a few stitches into the quilt. Who knows, with the interest he’s showing you may end up with a new quilter on your hands. :lol:

All I can think of when I see that huge dress is...you know, it would make several backings for a quilt! I would love to see that gal try to walk around in it and I simply don’t understand why you don’t want to make one for yourself.

LOL!!!!

Pat, thanks for the explanation about the software not printing out the cutting instructions for everything. I was hoping it was a glitch with just that one piece and I can work around it, just seems strange is all.
Thanks Tiff - I am far too big to wear that kind of thing, either with a long skirt or a short one! Re the software, I found thagt sometimes I could get the foundations to print out if I numbered them, but not always, so there are some inconsistances, as far as I am concerned.

DC, so glad we have a new member joining us. Some that have come in a little later have started at the point where we are now, and are busy catching up on earlier weeks if they can. You might want to consider that, so that at least you will be working along with us and can join in with the discussions etc. Any problems with earlier weeks, and you can still get help if you need it.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 PM

Elle, "Asian Jane" sounds wonderful! I love things oriental. I'm saving my oriental fabric for something. I made a Hoko bag in red oriental print trimmed with black! (I'm into folded-fabric flowers, too.) You're giving me too many ideas! Dot
Old 05-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Lesley, That sounds good. Starting where you-all are works for me! Dot
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM

Elle, "Asian Jane" sounds wonderful! I love things oriental. I'm saving my oriental fabric for something. I made a Hoko bag in red oriental print trimmed with black! (I'm into folded-fabric flowers, too.) You're giving me too many ideas! Dot
I like the way my asian fabrics are working in this "old" and very beautiful quilt made by Jane, the blocks come out great.
If you want to see a bunch of them go back through and search Jane Stickle Week 1 thru to 10 for my blocks. Thanks. Folded flowers sound lovely, you must show us some.

Elle
Old 05-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the madness DC! I'm so happy that you are going to join us!! I want to see your flowers too, they sound very interesting!!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:22 AM

welcome DC, I started late too. I started on week 10. Am caught up now tho It is so much fun. And reading all this thread too.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Re: "Dear Jane" I have been planning to make this quilt, have the book and the fabric (scraps,etc) and the will! I'll hurry and catch up with you-all. DD
I came into the group after it started, my personal starting point was with the group and I worked on the earlier blocks along the way. That worked out nicely for me, as I have been a part of the group along the way, instead of feeling I was running to catch up all the time. Welcome!