Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh dear...when I read the last comment about her panties Elle...I did laugh out loud!! Now...I have to figure out how to explain what I'm laughing at.. :roll: :lol:
I wonder if this artist would be flattered or not if she knew that her fame was spreading around the world this way? LOL. Still, if she is brave enough to post her efforts on You Tube, then it will shoot around the world in double quick time. I am really lookig forward to her 'performance'. I still don't have the fabric yet thought I expect it will be in the post on Monday, so next week will be busy.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Oh Dear...if she didn't want things like this to spread...why would she do something so outrageous? I think she just wants the attention anyway she gets it...you know what they say..."any" publicity is "good" publicity... :roll:
Old 05-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Well, while I was waiting for this fabric to arrive to extend the circular skirt I am supposed to be doing, I got on with a few blocks! I still have three of them to quilt, and I haven't finished the inbetween tris - I've done 23 of them, so not quite finished yet, but all the pieced ones are done.

Here are the corners:

Top left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68645[/ATTACH]

Top right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68646[/ATTACH]

Bottom left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68647[/ATTACH]

Bottom right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]68648[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68640.jpe   attachment-68641.jpe   attachment-68642.jpe   attachment-68643.jpe  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 AM

Lesley, Lovely, perfection! Really, your work on this quilt is beyond sewing, it is artistic. :)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 AM

WOW!!! Everytime I look at your work, I think "what the he** was I thinking?? Look at that work, it's freakin flawless...I am glad you live so far away. Mine will never have to sit next to yours. The flaws would leap out at you way too fast. Your quilt is going to be a museum piece - I hope you realize that.

Do me a favor, in your will...will you be sure to bequeath it to someone in particular who will take perfect care of it and perhaps get it into a museum of quilts someday?? It must remain a work of art...that's what it is.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
WOW!!! Everytime I look at your work, I think "what the he** was I thinking?? Look at that work, it's freakin flawless...I am glad you live so far away. Mine will never have to sit next to yours. The flaws would leap out at you way too fast. Your quilt is going to be a museum piece - I hope you realize that.

Do me a favor, in your will...will you be sure to bequeath it to someone in particular who will take perfect care of it and perhaps get it into a museum of quilts someday?? It must remain a work of art...that's what it is.
Thanks Wil and Esq., it's funny you should mention wills, my brother has been taking a close interest in this quilt ever since I started making it, and jokingly asked if I would leave it to him in my will, and I have! I rewrote my will a couple of months ago and included this quilt in it for him, but he has promised to keep it in the family and not let it go anywhere else.

Mine is no more special than any of your quilts - you are all doing great work, and your Janes will look just as good when you get to the corners. I have really enjoyed making this quilt, but in a funny way, I am more proud of my snowflake quilt because I designed that myself. This one has already been done, and there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of repros. around now. The only input I had really was to choose my colour scheme, so I am still looking forward to seeing how that comes out when I get it together.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
EEEKKKKKK!!!!! I forgot about that part!!! I guess I'll have to pull out all those little blocks and count the pieces :shock: :shock: ....I guess it would be better if I did that sooner rather than later :oops:
Don't remember where I got these excel spread sheets but it will keep track of how many blocks and pieces you have completed. Since everyone is doing blocks differently it will be interesting to see how our pieces differ from the original quilt.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Well, I am short by over 200, Mama - and if anything, I would have said I was using more pieces on the whole, not fewer. In my figure, I added in all the sashing and cornerstones, plus all the inbetween tris and the outer borders to arrive at my final figure.

My total for the pieced blocks came to 4861
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Lace your kites are perfect and look so nice. Can't wait to see it all together. Are you doing the scalloped edges?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 AM

My oh my, how beautiful is that. Tell your brother he has to show it and not keep it hidden or on his bed. That is a fabulous piece of art, you be proud of this Lesley.

Having seen you doing QAYG think I will have to start doing that, because when I get to the end (if ever) it will freak me out having to do it.

Like Esq says glad its not going to be shown anywhere near mine.

Elle