Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 AM

Well I am not surprised that you were pooped in that heat.

No havenīt touched anything today as well. Have been working something out in paper and material and that all takes time.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM

I have been printing out my blocks for several months in advance, its even hot doing that. However for what it is worth there is a mistake in the schedule. I thought I had done H2 and sure enough I went back over the schedule and it appears twice.

First time in Week 1st March and second time in Week 25th October.

I have got hold of a schedule that was updated or something which cleared any mistakes up?????

Lesley can you clarify for me or anyone
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yea Pro! Glad you are still plugging!

Hmmm Elle...now just who set that "5" per night standard? I didn't do any last night either..after crawling around under the house to pull cables and stuff yesterday..after we finished at about 7 PM...I just pooped out....again..... :roll:
That's why I like the freezer paper method, I don't sew through the paper, so it's easy peasy to pull off with no stretched stitches! :) :) :)

Rachel
Old 07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have been printing out my blocks for several months in advance, its even hot doing that. However for what it is worth there is a mistake in the schedule. I thought I had done H2 and sure enough I went back over the schedule and it appears twice.

First time in Week 1st March and second time in Week 25th October.

I have got hold of a schedule that was updated or something which cleared any mistakes up?????
Lesley can you clarify for me or anyone
Well, I don't think I duplicated any Elle, so I must have spotted it at some point.... I just looked on my schedule, and it's H12 on 25th October, not H2. Does that help?

I have been sewing all day because we have had lots of thunderstorms rolling around, so no computer. I finished quilting in the ditch around all my blocks, and I've now started going round the tris. Yeah!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Just realized I was not getting updates on this thread. I am still here, and plugging along.

I have been hand sewing (QAYG) some of the blocks following Leslie's example. I will add the backing after I put them together ala Leslie!

I store my block in gallon size zip-loc bags, by week. 4 blocks fit without the batting, and then another 4 behind facing out. (Does that make sense) Triangles are 2 and 2, kind of by week. That way my cats won't mess them up and I can carry them out without fear of mishaps.

But I have lots of catching up to do! (Running real fast, just to keep in place!)
Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM

Well I thought I would try to do a whole row at a time, but I can see that I will be waiting ages before I can do even one row. SOOOOO I have cut mine into blocks and will do it same as Lesley, that way I can stay productive and with a bit of hope have all the blocks quilted by the time we are ready to put it together. Still have more papers to come off, but at least I am getting there.

I think you are very wise doing it on light weight paper, but how can you ot stitch through the paper Rachel? Inquiring minds want to know?

Elle
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Elle, I am pretty sure that Klue originally put out a schedule, then she had to redo it due to exactly what you are talking about..she had a typo/duplicate. Sounds like the typo was that the Oct. block should have been H12. Anyway...she posted 2 different schedules..1 wrong...1 corrrected. I'll go check mine to see which I printed...mine could be wrong too!

Rachael, I tried the freezer paper method and it didn't do as well for me...I'm sure I just need practice. So..I have to pull the yucky papers. (still none done tonight either...I am falling waaayyyy behind!)

Sharon...keep running...we're here!!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 PM

I am sure Lesley is correct it should read H12, will go change it and print it out.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, I am pretty sure that Klue originally put out a schedule, then she had to redo it due to exactly what you are talking about..she had a typo/duplicate. Sounds like the typo was that the Oct. block should have been H12. Anyway...she posted 2 different schedules..1 wrong...1 corrrected. I'll go check mine to see which I printed...mine could be wrong too!

Rachael, I tried the freezer paper method and it didn't do as well for me...I'm sure I just need practice. So..I have to pull the yucky papers. (still none done tonight either...I am falling waaayyyy behind!)

Sharon...keep running...we're here!!
You need a good pair of tweezers Patti, and a tray or something on your lap. Sit in front of that nice new TV and tease those little ....ahem... so and so's out.

BTW, I feel really flattered that some of you are contemplating doing your quilt the way I have done mine. I hope you get on with it well.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I think you are very wise doing it on light weight paper, but how can you ot stitch through the paper Rachel? Inquiring minds want to know?

Elle
I use this method:

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

Takes some getting used to if you do the regular method, but I find it so much easier to do.

Cheers!
Rachel