Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 07-02-2010, 08:10 AM

I have finished it . week 27 that is not the top lol
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 AM

I have one block done for Week 27...maybe by the end of the weekend mine will be finished! :)
Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

I've started a new thread for week 27, so when you are ready, fellow Janers!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:43 PM

So we happen to be getting a small chunk of money soon and hubby offered to get me a used LA machine that we saw (cause he knows I have been drooling even though I knew it was beyond a long shot). But he says my monthly quilting budget still won't go up!! :( LOL Guess I can't complain too much, though I personally think he should throw the DJ rulers in with the cost of the machine because I shouldn't have to get that with my budget since technically it'll help me create a better quilt to go on my LA machine right??? :) :) Haha We look at the machine tomorrow, and I am kind of nervous of spending the money that way, I feel like it should go to something bigger and better, but hubby keeps reminding me that this is extra money we never would have gotten anyway so it should be used for something fun. The funny thing is it's just enough for the price that is being asked plus a little more for practice supplies, so that's like a sign right? ..... :) :) Sorry I know this isn't really DJ related, but I love talking to you guys!!! :) Hmmm well on the DJ front, I am working on my third block right now, A-3 .... woo-hooo!!!

Cheers!!
Rachel
Old 07-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by athenagwis
So we happen to be getting a small chunk of money soon and hubby offered to get me a used LA machine that we saw (cause he knows I have been drooling even though I knew it was beyond a long shot). But he says my monthly quilting budget still won't go up!! :( LOL Guess I can't complain too much, though I personally think he should throw the DJ rulers in with the cost of the machine because I shouldn't have to get that with my budget since technically it'll help me create a better quilt to go on my LA machine right??? :) :) Haha We look at the machine tomorrow, and I am kind of nervous of spending the money that way, I feel like it should go to something bigger and better, but hubby keeps reminding me that this is extra money we never would have gotten anyway so it should be used for something fun. The funny thing is it's just enough for the price that is being asked plus a little more for practice supplies, so that's like a sign right? ..... :) :) Sorry I know this isn't really DJ related, but I love talking to you guys!!! :) Hmmm well on the DJ front, I am working on my third block right now, A-3 .... woo-hooo!!!

Cheers!!
Rachel
Congratulations Rachel, I think you definitely have a keeper there in your DH. Plus once you have had some practice, you might be able to do other people's quilts and get a little bit of income to add to your quilt budget. Yeah!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Thats what I was thinking Rachel...once you practice some..take in other's work and there you go...extra $$ to support your habit! :lol: :lol: Congrats on the machine and I think your DH deserves a hug!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 AM

You girls are right!! :) i will have to look into that once I have lots of practice. LOL I did have a good day today though, I met up with a girl from the board who lives in my area. She had some oranges for me, and we met at my favorite quilt shop and they so happen to have the rulers for sale, so I bought them. :) :) Yay!! Now I can do some tris too! :)

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 07-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Power Poster

Yea!!! You'll really appreciate having the rulers..they are so helpful. So...did ya' get the LA?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 PM

We went to look at it today, and I am pretty sure we will go for it, we just need to make sure the table that she has with it will fit in our basement. If it doesn't we'll have to get a different table, but I used the machine and it really wasn't bad at all, I don't think it'll take long to learn at all!! :) I am very excited!

:)
Rachel
Old 07-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Ooohhhh....I'm excited for you! What kind is it?