Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM

It's the beige for me too!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, of course..I can, but I like to listen to other people's (who I trust) opinions, then I make my decision. Of course, what DH thinks is important to me...he has a really good eye and great taste...(he chose me didn't he?? :lol:)
Patti, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting to either you or your DH! I just felt that you really, REALLY like the red cornerstones. I have always gone with my gut feeling, and IMHO, I haven't been wrong yet. Not only did he choose you, but you said, "Yes!" so whose really in control here? :)

When he asked you, did he know about your million $$$ habit, or did that come afterwards, like mine did? I wonder if mine would have asked if he had only known way back 41 years ago...

Your Baby is going to be wonderful & lovely with either color cornerstones.

When I see your Baby, I am almost inclined to make another one (only this time it will be with the software and lots more variation in colors.) Maybe after I quilt my Baby and do Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I only started my Baby to use up my scraps - didn't work!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Oh Kathy...you didn't insult me even one little bit!:lol: I feel that way sometimes when somebody is asking for opinions and I just want to say.."honey..do it how YOU want to"! So, I wasn't taking any offense..I'm still not really sure which I like the best. I did follow the advice to use a shot of it as my wallpaper..Right this minute, I like the beige, but in just a few minutes, I'll like the red...soooo....thats the real problem. Its not that I don't now what I like, its that I'm wishy washy in decision making! :lol::lol:

Thats really funny...started it to use up your scraps..I'll have more scraps when I finish! But before I started cutting the plain tris, I only had about half a Wallyworld sack of them from this quilt:wink:
Old 09-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Patti, My vote is for the beige cornerstones, it grounds the quilt. The red cornerstones seem to compete with the blocks! :D
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Meredith...I'm leaning more that direction at this point and its probably what I'll end up doing. Funny how the red looks so fantastic with yours...not the same effect with mine. I guess its the black vs. the brown and the actual red that you are using vs. the one I cut. I love yours! I'm thinking my Chocolate wants some vanilla cornerstones to go with it :wink:
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Oh Kathy...you didn't insult me even one little bit!:lol: I feel that way sometimes when somebody is asking for opinions and I just want to say.."honey..do it how YOU want to"! So, I wasn't taking any offense..I'm still not really sure which I like the best. I did follow the advice to use a shot of it as my wallpaper..Right this minute, I like the beige, but in just a few minutes, I'll like the red...soooo....thats the real problem. Its not that I don't now what I like, its that I'm wishy washy in decision making! :lol::lol:

Thats really funny...started it to use up your scraps..I'll have more scraps when I finish! But before I started cutting the plain tris, I only had about half a Wallyworld sack of them from this quilt:wink:
Do I sense a second Baby in the making - with whatever color corner stones you don't use this time. And here I was thinking I was the only one insane enough to think about a 2nd Baby.

Oh, I went out and bougt more fabric once I decided that I was going to try to make mine the same colors as Jane used - didn't have nearly enough browns. One LQS in the Milwaukee sold fabric"crayons" that were 9" x 1/4th the width of the fabric. Guess we'd call them fat 16ths now. And since this place had around 8500 bolts of fabric (sounds like heaven, doesn't it? - not necessarily so. Can be a bit overwhelming at times.) I would drop a bundle on more fabric for the stash. :)

Maybe we both just need a really good night's sleep.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Kathy, you are not the only insane one. i am making 2 at the same time.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
Kathy, you are not the only insane one. i am making 2 at the same time.
So am I, well when I actually get around to making my blocks again! :)

Rachel
Old 09-28-2010, 04:17 AM

Out at the prison, only the people who want to be corrections officers must undergo a psych evaluation. Non-security staff doesn't! That's probably because we wouldn't pass one. ☺

The only difference here is that we actually WANT to do this. Like I said earlier, I would like to try the more "modern" way with the software. I would definitely use more colors in each block. Maybe I'll use the "scraps" from "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" for this Baby!

By the way, I am working on the last side of border triangles and I finished the one corner that is the star in a star in a star. Got that puppy out of the way!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 AM

Thanks Meredith...I'm leaning more that direction at this point and its probably what I'll end up doing. Funny how the red looks so fantastic with yours...not the same effect with mine. I guess its the black vs. the brown and the actual red that you are using vs. the one I cut. I love yours! I'm thinking my Chocolate wants some vanilla cornerstones to go with it :wink:
For me, it seemed the red cornerstones were saying "Look at me" then your blocks said "No! My stage, look at ME!" so I like the vanilla the best, as they visually pushed the blocks forward while adding more interest to the overall appearance. I would like all chocolate too, I think that is the real winner with your blocks, it truly sets them them all off! :)

It is funny, as I would never ever have expected to go with black sashing and red cornerstones when I started my Jane. :lol:

I would like to think about a second Jane, more scrappy but with a color theme. Although a second one would be more relaxed, as in skipping all those appliqued melons, and maybe altering some of the blocks, that were less than fun. Once you know you can finish them, it doesn't seem like a violation, does it???? :D