Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

The packets to grab and go sound like a good idea Rachel. There are quite a few that will work well doing them by hand. Even more than just the applique ones.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Inspired name for your Jane, Rachel - and it seems that the link I posted has almost inspired a few of you to think about doing another one. LOL, it didn't work like that on me thank goodness!

I wonder if you will all think the same once you have your quilts done and on the bed?????
At least, it hasn't worked on you as of NOW - but what about LATER??? :)
NO, NO and NO! In fact, NEVER again. lol. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm like Elle, don't misunderstand me, I liked doing this one, but I have other quilts I want to do - why would I want to spend another however long doing a second one of these?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

I'm not saying yes, and I'm not saying no to another one. I might make one entirely different. I'm not sure I would make ALL the blocks again, but I might use some of the blocks in a very different way. I love some of the blocks. It would be something that I design myself and wouldn't look like the DJ quilt.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm not saying yes, and I'm not saying no to another one. I might make one entirely different. I'm not sure I would make ALL the blocks again, but I might use some of the blocks in a very different way. I love some of the blocks. It would be something that I design myself and wouldn't look like the DJ quilt.
Thats interesting Patti, good idea
Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 AM

My stash and my "wish list" is pure insanity! I need another life time to finish all of it! Yes, it does change from time to time too! When I retire in a few years...I will have more time to play. :D

I wanted to make two Jane's in the beginning, before I realized how time consuming this quilt is! I like to think I will make another later, but I too will never make some of these blocks again! Realistically, I may make smaller projects with my favorite blocks.

Question to the group?
So, are we, as a group, going to start another project together, maybe Sylvia's Bridal Sampler???? With 6" finished blocks, 14 rows with 10 blocks we could start at the top and make one row per month. Maybe start next June 1...
Old 10-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Meredith I like the idea but only if I have finished Jane completely and its all quilted and together. I would consider it though.

Elle
Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
My stash and my "wish list" is pure insanity! I need another life time to finish all of it! Yes, it does change from time to time too! When I retire in a few years...I will have more time to play. :D

I wanted to make two Jane's in the beginning, before I realized how time consuming this quilt is! I like to think I will make another later, but I too will never make some of these blocks again! Realistically, I may make smaller projects with my favorite blocks.

Question to the group?
So, are we, as a group, going to start another project together, maybe Sylvia's Bridal Sampler???? With 6" finished blocks, 14 rows with 10 blocks we could start at the top and make one row per month. Maybe start next June 1...
I received the Book for SBS at Quilt Guild Thursday as a gift from another member who knew I wanted it, had it & knew she'd never make it, so she gave it to me. She's a lovely lady! Cut it apart this morn & slipped pages into sheet protectors. After doing Jane's Journey, these 6" blocks seem gigantic! :)

Just might be up to doing it as a group. Would be fun and would give us a reason to stay together as a group - huh?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by wilhelmina

Question to the group?
I received the Book for SBS at Quilt Guild Thursday as a gift from another member who knew I wanted it, had it & knew she'd never make it, so she gave it to me. She's a lovely lady! Cut it apart this morn & slipped pages into sheet protectors. After doing Jane's Journey, these 6" blocks seem gigantic! :)

Just might be up to doing it as a group. Would be fun and would give us a reason to stay together as a group - huh?
It's not for me, sorry. Jane was my third sampler, and this SBS strikes me as very similar to Jane, with the exception of the size of block. I have Little Brown Bird, plus two wholecloth quilts I want to do, and have enough fabric to make at least 4 more, but not settled on designs for them yet.

Doesn't mean that I can't cheer you all on from the sidelines though.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Lesley, I looked up the Little Brown Bird pattern. It looks lovely and so very different fron Dear Jane. Might consider doin ghtat one, especially if you are going to be relocating in the near future. Nothing is definite, but we'll know something on Monday. I think I could enjoy a small-ish city in Texas!
Old 10-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Lesley, When you were adding the borders to your quilt center, did you find that they fit nicely, or did that extra 1/4" sashing on the outer edges cause the matching triangle to be too small? If I match the corresponding breaks between the blocks with the pieced triangles, the outer tris are too small. Very Furstrated right now.