Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

What she could do is make hers alongside us making ours. She could post her blocks while we post ours, I have no objection to seeing different blocks come along.

Kathy, can we see work in progress with that first AOTH block? Please?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:41 AM

Oh Kathy I will still be around and I might even sneak in pictures of what I amworking on whatever its going to be. I couldnīt be without all my buddies here on the board.

Elle
Old 01-05-2011, 05:46 AM

Kathy I so agree with the way you look at the AOTH, because when I first saw it I went ya ya over it. Now I feel differently.

Lesley it would be great if you let me post my blocks along with all of you it will help me get through the next quilt as well.

I am so looking forward to finishing DJ now I see light at the end of the tunnel now. Last block has taken forever, simply forever this morning, I am just off to give it the finishing touches and post it.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Elle...I wouldn't worry- if you don't want to do it...then don't! (Although I know you are gonna be drooling when you see how our blocks are turning out with different fabs :wink:...LOL!) But...you HAVE to show us what you are gonna do. We might let you be a guinea pig and then we'll do the same quilt you do....next!!

I'm still hunting for the book, so haven't given up yet. Worst case scenerio..I can always buy another (and Elle..thank you, but I can probably buy one cheaper than you can send me yours.)

I'm with you on Jane...I'm so anxious now to finish it. I have quilted 19 of the tris and still undecided on the pattern for the between tris...guess I better get pretty serious about deciding soon though. I was thinking...I've left plenty of batting on the center section blocks to work for the skinny border. Then I have about an inch of batting all around the tris...sooooo....do I just baste my long strips for the scallops to a long strip of batting to sew that to the quilt??? I'm thinking that is how you do it...but ya'll know I'm a "virgin QAYG'er"..:roll:
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 AM

I have a question please.I have just pinned my first row A together. Do I have sashing on the last one or not? I have a feeling when I was reading that you leave the 13th sashing off.

Am I correct? Donīt want to tear my hair out if I donīt need it
Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Elle, That is right, do not sew sashing on the right side of the 13th blocks AND do not sew sashing on the bottom row. After the blocks are sewn together you will sew a skinny 3/4" ( finished 1/4" ) strip to the sides and then the bottom and top! :D

:?: I have question too. It sounds like many of you are sewing a strip to the tris them cutting to size for the scallops, is that right? I printed off a scallop pattern and was going to sew them individually...
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Meredith I canīt help you here, but will be interested in the replies. I noticed the separate scallops on the DJ Software.

As you know I am doing my own thing on the borders but I will scallop them, however Iwill do this with a scallop ruler for the best affect or use the paper method and a plate to get some nice scallops

Elle
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm having second thoughts about the AOTH too, as I can't decide a good method to avoid all the needle hand thread work and it is such a large part of the overall look of this quilt...

Elle, you might want to look at some of the William Morris designs. I have recently fallen for them and received a book I had on order yesterday, I love everything in the book!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 AM

I saw some of them on a BOM site and you know I canīt find them now. It was a site with litterally hundreds of BOMS wish I had added it to favorites
Old 01-05-2011, 10:24 AM

the store that I was talking about with all the BOMs is called Stitchin Heaven. It has two William Morris Bom quilts