Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 06-21-2010, 10:23 AM

I have been wondering about Esq as well, but I know she has children so it could be she is just busy with holidays and stuff.

Elle
Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have been wondering about Esq as well, but I know she has children so it could be she is just busy with holidays and stuff.

Elle
With school out for the summer this could be the case. I always expect things to slow down and instead I find myself running around wondering how in the world my life became so darn busy! :roll: And my kids are all grown now. :lol:
Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
With school out for the summer this could be the case. I always expect things to slow down and instead I find myself running around wondering how in the world my life became so darn busy! :roll: And my kids are all grown now. :lol:
Often think this myself, how on earth did I manage to ever find time to go to work

:-D
Old 06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Tiff, don't worry about what week # you are on...just keep plugging when you can. Lesley's is good advice about that!

Just to let ya'll know...Esqmommy is just fine....she has quite a lot of "real" life happening right now with the kids getting out of school for the summer and all. I spoke with her on the phone the other day. Hopefully things will slow down a little bit soon and she will be able to spend time playing with us on the board again.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 AM

My problem is that I'm not really sticking to the week #. I printed out a bunch of the past weeks, (you know, the ones I needed to catch up on) and I've been picking and choosing from the entire pile. If I'm in the mood to applique I do those. If I just want simple piecing I do those. I'm a mess as to where I really am. I have about 25 blocks done, so I guess that puts me back around Week 6. :lol: I'm not giving up, just going slowly. And hopefully in October I'll be able to catch up on a lot of them. I've got a five day quilt retreat I'm going to and the only thing I'm taking to work on is my Confetti Jane.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
My problem is that I'm not really sticking to the week #. I printed out a bunch of the past weeks, (you know, the ones I needed to catch up on) and I've been picking and choosing from the entire pile. If I'm in the mood to applique I do those. If I just want simple piecing I do those. I'm a mess as to where I really am. I have about 25 blocks done, so I guess that puts me back around Week 6. :lol: I'm not giving up, just going slowly. And hopefully in October I'll be able to catch up on a lot of them. I've got a five day quilt retreat I'm going to and the only thing I'm taking to work on is my Confetti Jane.
Hey I'm with ya!! I only have 1 block done on one and 3 on the other LOL But I have to pick and choose because I don't have the fabric I need for all the blocks yet. :) :) I figure one of these will make a great wedding present for my son (he's 7), so as long as I am finished by then I am good to go. LOL

Rachel
Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 AM

That is a really lovely name you have chosen for your DJ I like Confetti Jane, really pretty.

Elle
Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

So glad that Esq is OK and nothing untoward has befallen her!

I finished my Jane quilt top tonight! Yeah!!! If I can get a temporary sleeve on it tomorrow, I'll take a pic of it for you all. I still have to put the backing on, of course, so it isn't finished yet, but I'm not that far off now. Just needed to tell someone. Now I'm off to bed, its 12.50am. Night night all.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM

Hey since my Jane is very scrappy how does Mixed up Jane sound for a name. I have been having a hard time thinking of a name to call her.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jolo
Hey since my Jane is very scrappy how does Mixed up Jane sound for a name. I have been having a hard time thinking of a name to call her.
I like that name!! I also thought of Bits and Pieces Jane or maybe Scrap Happy Jane ... :) I still have to think of more original names for mine too.

Rachel