Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Meredith, I think we must be related! I was born in Tulsa.☺ I like to have lots of projects going all at once.

Eventually they all get finished, but I always have something going that will interest me no matter what my mood. The ladies of the quilt club wonder ow I finish as much as I do as I work full time & DH is in a wheelchair. I used to have to spend more time doing for DH than I do now, but there's still lots he can't do now, especially around the house.

I get Razzle Dazzle at LQS. I have a Janome 6600 & have had no trouble with it in the bobbin - no adjustments of any sort.

RE: changing color of font - there are a bunch of choices on the left side of the reply screen. One is change color. Another is red/blue/green. It won't let you click on it like the smiley faces, so I did a copy/past, but that didn't work, either. I'm probably not putting it where is will work. If I get up the nerve, I'll ask admin. or Legend as she used green font.

I fondled my batiks for AOTH, but am quilting JJ as there is another NCIS marathon today & I'm in our bedroom as DH gets the big TV for football. I can't hog it all the time! I drifted into his cave off our bedroom and got on here! He's on the laptop in the dining room.

Am going to our LQS tomorrow to pick up the last of the first round of batiks fot AOTH. I ordered another 20 spools of Connecting Threads theread - 2 more of their discontinued sets - and a cone of white. I am trying to get all their threads and have started by getting the ones that are discontinued first. I love their thread. Only wish they would put out verigated and quilting weight too.
We are in Edmond, I work full time too and the first 10 days of the month are always very busy. I too have several projects, I don't know if you want to call that multi tasking or a short attention span! :lol: My projects all end up finished sooner or later too!

I will look around for Razzle Dazzle threads the next time I am in our LQS.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:46 PM

My family was in Edmond! My Grandmother Stone lived at 405 N. Jackson. Nothing there except for Central State buildings now. That was a neighborhood that was old and had been left to fall apart. Mother's family was the Kesslers - Uncle John ran a funeral home back in the 50s. We lived on Walker in OKC until '57 when we moved to Wichita. Small world, huh?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I've used the razzle dazzle in my bobbin on my Bernina with no problems and that is what I was thinking also when I saw the pics. I have a couching foot and could do it from the top..or flip it and use it in the bottom.

I sure understand all the different projects going at once..I also have a pretty short attention span. Jane has held my attention though. Today I added sashing/cornerstones to quite a few of the blocks that I have quilted..they look so great!! I'm excited! I'll take some pics for ya'll tomorrow. Today when I thought about it, the room was too dark for any of the quilting to show up in a pic, so I'll try it tomorrow.

Kathy...to change the font, you have to type in the bracket, then color= red or whatever color of the three that you want, then the other bracket. THEN...when you get finished with where you want to end that color, you have to type the same thing but add the / as is shown on the left side of the screen. I can't type exactly what you need to do or it will just change the color and not show you what I typed.

I suppose there is a Sylvia group on the board now??? I'll have to go check on it...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Kathy...to change the font, you have to type in the bracket, then color= red or whatever color of the three that you want, then the other bracket. THEN...when you get finished with where you want to end that color, you have to type the same thing but add the / as is shown on the left side of the screen. I can't type exactly what you need to do or it will just change the color and not show you what I typed.

[color=redThis is a test for red]
This is a test for red.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:53 PM

It took this addled-pated brain 3 tries before I got it right Thank you, Patti.]
Old 11-28-2010, 09:15 PM

Meredith, the paper piecing is available for members of the FW yahoo group. Those are 6 inches. The templates provided online by the publisher, link on the author's blog, are 6.5 inches.

It makes everyone feel better if you make a photo album on the yahoo group while using their pp. They're a nice group so you might enjoy chatting them up as well. The patterns might not be available forever. I'm sure there are folks who don't buy the book and that might lead to the removal of the patterns. I'm assuming.

You can add your FW blocks to the FW group here on QB any time you want. We went in order beginning with #1. People continue to add to the threads and we all enjoy it. The different fabric choices are interesting. Our FW challenge began in September.

I love paper piecing! That's why my wall is covered with it while the applique is in a bag inside a box on a shelf. :0)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-135514.jpe   attachment-135515.jpe  
Old 11-28-2010, 10:04 PM

Love your blocks Pookie, sure hope I can sew that well when I go blind! My grandmother was so upset when her eye sight started going, as she was a quilter as long as I could remember. Its my hands that give me fits, I can see great, as long as I take off my glasses...now driving, I need them! :lol:
Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 PM

BTW Kathy, I graduated from Central State University in Edmond...you lived on Walker in OKC, was it close to Capital Hill? My grandparents lived in the Capital Hill area, it has really changed over the years. Yes, it is a small world! We lived in the Overland Park, Kansas area for 12 years, in an earlier life, I lived in Dallas, Texas for 5 years...but I always come home. Now my son-in-law is beging transferred to San Antonio, Texas so off my daughter will go :( they are only supposed to be gone a couple years...
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Glad you figured it out Kathy..:D:

Pookie, your blocks are wowser girl! For a blind lady, you sure do great work! I like your fabrics. Are you doing it in the ATW layout or just scrappy/random?

I got quite a few of the sashings sewn on yesterday and I love the little babies. Lesley, I was wondereing..can I just lay the block out and measure 1/2" from the seam line (between the block and sashing) and trim the batting 1/2" from the sewing line on each side, then sew the blocks together? Does that make sense? And if I am planning a stitch down the center of the sashing...I really don't need to sew the batting together- do I..or do I??
Old 11-29-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
BTW Kathy, I graduated from Central State University in Edmond...you lived on Walker in OKC, was it close to Capital Hill? My grandparents lived in the Capital Hill area, it has really changed over the years. Yes, it is a small world! We lived in the Overland Park, Kansas area for 12 years, in an earlier life, I lived in Dallas, Texas for 5 years...but I always come home. Now my son-in-law is beging transferred to San Antonio, Texas so off my daughter will go :( they are only supposed to be gone a couple years...
Capital Hill? I don't think so. Classen Blvd. & the Northwest Expressway are to the west and now Interstate 44 is just to the north of the development. My elementary school - Zachary Taylor is gone, but the patios off the classrooms are still there if you Googleearth OKC. My Great Aunt after whom I'm named lived at the corner of Harvey & NW 17th. As a child I thought it was a mansion! We moved from OKC when I was in 2nd grade, but since all family was still there, went there lots.