Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever had a problem with make-up? >

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM

the mineral makeup is the best, I have tried iust about every kind over the years finaly found out I am allergic to lalolin. Try something with out any oil in it
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM

All eye makeup should be thrown away after 6mo to a year. They get bacteria and can cause serious eye infections. I know a woman who went blind in one eye from using old eye shadow.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 PM

I have used Orgins for years, you can go to their online site or it's sold in some department stores. I have highly sensitive skin and have no problems with this make up.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Oatw13 re: coconut oil
Where does one buy coconut oil?? Thanks
----------------
Health Food stores.

I use it for face cream, add a spoon of it to oatmeal, warm it and mix with Epsom Salts for a skin rub for rashes, rub a little bit of it on my hair. It's a very good, pure product.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM

I have Rosacea and my Dr. suggested Clinique. I have no problems with it. When my DM sold Avon lots were allergic to it.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 PM

I can't use Avon make up. I use Mary Kay. It's expensive but I don't break out to it.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM

I have to agree with the recommendation for using mineral makeup. I have a sensitivity to sulfites (used as a preservtive in most cosmetics). Soap, shampoo, makeup especially, perfume, bread dough, wine, toothpaste etc. I couldn't figure out my strange rashes, headaches/migraines, asthmatic episodes, sinus issues until a crabcake almost sent me to my maker but the allergist couldn't get me to test positive for a shellfish allergy. Turned out the crab had been treated with sulfite. I apparently had it all my life but in my 30's it snowballed. I now have to be careful not to "layer" too much -- when I decide to have wine I don't eat pizza or store bought bread, etc. I can't however, use any liquid makeup. Try the minerals but watch the generics -- they have the preservatives that might be causing your issues. Bare Essentials/Bare Minerals - or one of the more recognizable brands should work for you. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM

The first thing I would do is wash my brushes, throw out anything that is 6 months old.

I would start over and introduce one product at a time (with sufficient time in between, e.g. a least a week) to see if you have any reactions.

Good luck. It could be a long haul.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:09 PM

They may have changed some of the ingredients in the last year...and that is why you are breaking out. I started to use the Anew the very year it came out, and my face blew up like a balloon. Never again!!
Love
Bare Minerals!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:18 PM

I could never use Avon- allergies. Can't use anything Estee Lauder either- I think it's their added perfumes and scents.

I use Clinique- it's expensive but really gentle on my sensitive skin. Mary Kay was always good to me too.

Yes, you can get allergies to things late in life, and do you wash your hands before applying makeup? Because I learned long ago that some products won't bug my thick skin and callouses on my hands, but will light up my face the moment it touches my delicate facial skin. I have to make sure that everything that touches my face is 100% clean and allergen free.

FREE Quilting Newsletter