Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you make "bundles" in your stash? >
  • Do you make "bundles" in your stash?

• Do you make "bundles" in your stash?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 PM

i try not to bundle fabrics together because i then have a hard time pulling that 1 piece that i'd like to use in a different project.

i prefer to keep my stash open to all possibilities that come my way.
    Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM

I have some fabric in bundles. I suppose it would be a good idea to put this fabric in with my regular fabric. But I like keeping this fabric set aside till just the right pattern comes along!
    Old 08-30-2011, 03:07 PM

When I started out, I bundled all the fabric, then I discovered I needed some for one quilt out of one bundle, ..., and before I knew it the bundles needed to be cleaned up. Now I just sort by color and novelty, Christmas, halloween, etc....
    Old 08-30-2011, 03:59 PM

My fabric is not all that organized but I know I have red-white-blue fabrics for patriotic quilts, I bought quilt blocks at a yard sale that I want to sew together and finish, I got two bear tea party panels in with other fabrics (a 30 gal. trash bag full), I got at an estate sale. I found a couple of fabrics to add a 4" to 6" piece around the outside and make a backing. I have fabric for at least 2 I Spy quilts. I have these fabrics together in catagories and I know what I am going to do. I just need a little more speed in my quilting. Then I have a stash.
    Old 08-30-2011, 06:59 PM

Bundle up fabric for one quilt with the pattern I would like to make with that bundle, tucked inside. Some times I'll have 3 or 4 pattern in one bundle becuase I cant make up my mind.
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 AM

Pamela , Im with you ! bundles are 'my way' as well..... when Im ready to start a new project, everything is there along with the pattern.
    the planning is already done!
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:33 AM

I bundle up the fabrics that are purchased specifically for a certain quilt-I may or may not have every fabric that I need. I have found that if I don't keep them together, I will either forget that I only bought a half yard of this to go with that quilt, or have used some for something else. I then tie them up with a long selvege and stack them on my shelf. I will put yardage, FQ, 1/2yrd Pieces-whatever I purchased for that specific project. If I have started that project, but had to put it aside for some reason, then it goes together in a project bag. After I finish the quilts that I'm making for gifts for this year, I am organizing my room, stash and finishing my UFO's?
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:35 AM

My 13 yr old gs comes to my stash. and picks what he wants. He tells me he has a vision for this and goes looking for what he sees. I have a true quilter on my hands.
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 AM

Yes, I do that too. It does make it a little hard to find things sometimes if you can't remember (like me) what is in the bundles.

My sewing room is a converted attic space and the ceilings are sloped so I can't stack stuff very high. It's harder to see down low - unless I get down and crawl around. Ugh! One good thing, if I ever get down and can't get back up - I can crawl over to the stairs, sit on them and pull myself up using the stair rails. :lol:

Happy Wednesday everyone.
    Old 08-31-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by joycecil
    My 13 yr old gs comes to my stash. and picks what he wants. He tells me he has a vision for this and goes looking for what he sees. I have a true quilter on my hands.
    My 11 year old gd does this too. She's good at matching up the fabrics too. I like to get her in the sewing room, tell her I'm going to make such and such and get her to pull fabrics for me. :lol: