Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What did you do today (9/11/11)? >

What did you do today (9/11/11)?

What did you do today (9/11/11)?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Packed up school supplies for Afghan kids and made a care package for my soldier (who was deployed overseas for the first 911, too).
Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 PM

went to church, after grandson was baptise..then cook and ate. talk all afternoon
Old 09-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Spent time with a neighbor who lived about 2 miles from Trade Center on 9/11. did some talking, tear shedding, and wondering WHY people want to build another trade center building much higher. You would of thought 9/11 would of sunk in .....
Tried to bring the memory of my brothers 9/11/1952 birthday to the front of thoughts. Also we did manage to bead necklaces, bracelets & earrings.
Said prayers for all who were hurting this day...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 AM

Watched the memorial services in the morning. Spent some time with our DD. Tried to organize my fabric. Decided I need some of those boards to make it look neat like all of you have. Went to the grocery store, it was crowded. Fought the traffic to get home, seriously I think the football game had just let out there was so much traffic. Watched some more TV, cooked, and I think the hardest part was watching the show on the Children of 9/11. Some of those kids have struggled, others have done so well.

Speaking of the new building, I guess DH watched a program on the construction of it yesterday, and from what he says it is built much differently that the old towers were. Much safer, and airplane proof ?? Although I can almost bet my last dollar that if they ever attack again, it won't be with an airplane. They will come up with another form of attack.

And last but not least, I prayed that this would never happen again. I pray for our grandchilden to never have to experience this type of thing. I pray for Peach on earth...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 AM

I had to work both jobs yesterday 11 hours total hour and half break in between come home let the dogs out to do their duty and run for awhile and then back to work. No disrespect just have to work when it is here.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 AM

Went to church. I did watch some of the specials on 9/11 and cried my share. Then spent the afternoon celebrating my Great Grandson's 2nd birthday with the family. Spent some time working on a paper pieced quilt for my wonderful Daughter.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 AM

I spent the weekend on a military base with my family. My husband's retirement ceremony was this weekend.

My children are too young to truly understand the significance of their dad's retirement, but it will be a memory I will cherish forever and the fact that the retirement was 'this' weekend made it that much more special.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 AM

I watched some of the memorial service at ground zero. Saw the reading of the names from A thru D. I was amazed at the poise of the young children who read names and said a few words about their love one who died. Very impressive and touching. I watched as loved ones placed flowers in the holes bearing their loved ones names. Also very touching. As the family members read the names and photos were shown, I was pleased and honored to live in a country where we place so much worth on those who die for this country and those who are so courageous. As difficult as it is to remember, I vow to never forget. A senseless act for what purpose. It has only inflamed our differences rather than closing the gap and celebrating our differences. It is difficult to believe and to know that there are persons out there who want to kill us just because we exist. Can't get my head round that.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 AM

I couldn't bring myself to watch the coverage on TV. I was really sad and didn't do too much. I sewed very little. Ate almost a quart of ice cream! I think I am over my depression today and back to work on making projects to sell at a craft fair in October.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 AM

I am an admitted foot ball junkie so I watched various games today; many had pregame memorial ceremonies esp Washington & NewYork. Of course I had my sewing machine set up in front of the TV; working on Christmas presents. I felt very emotional watching the tributes. The commercials were also very moving.