Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • I love the Fall Weather, do you? >
  • I love the Fall Weather, do you?

• I love the Fall Weather, do you?

Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 AM

Sorry, I'm a summer girl. Love the heat, the beach, the pool, but especially love not being cold.
    Old 09-19-2011, 06:59 AM

We aren't having any yet. The only colored leaves are the ones dropping from drought. However, on a more positive note, we had about an inch of rain this weekend and the temperatures is finally below 100 for a few days (not much but below) We usually get a late fall anyway so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
    I love the Fall Weather, do you?

I get to pull out my sweatshirts and flannel nightgowns.

Our furnace is not working and so I get to wear my flannel nightgown early.

Still waiting for the furnace guy since January 2011, what a big mess! I called them again last Friday!

I love the fall colors in the trees in central Indiana. The farmer has already combined the bean field behind our house.
    I love fall but can't enjoy it because it is so short and means cold weather is coming. I would much rather deal with 100+ than cold and snow!
    Old 09-19-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    this year Fall is bittersweet...since our summer killed our garden we had not chance to put up anything...so I am trying to still get a harvest of tomatoes and zuchini before the snows fly..sigh...just not ready for FALL yet!
    Jaci, I'm with you. I never pulled up my non producing tomoto's, hoping that *maybe* they might produce something with cooler days/nights. I didn't even get a plate of fried green tomato's this year! Oh please, let me just get one plate!! Everything else died. Next year, maybe?

PS: did you get any of the rain this weekend? I think we got between 1-2 inches.
    Old 09-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Fall is my favorite warm during the day and cool at night and all the bright colors, lots of flavors from the gardens. Hate the high heat of summer. Winter can be a little too cold although is better than hot as you can cuddle up in blankets. Spring is ok but can be muddy and I know the heat is coming. Spring is probably my 2nd favorite as I like the green and flowering color explosion and the temps are still more mild. Guess I'm a "middle of the road" type person.
    Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM

Oh yes! So refreshing after HOT NC summers. I love the colors and mums and pumpkins in the stores too. My furnace is broken too. We heat with kerosene and space heaters, but I sure would love to be able to have central heat again. It's been several years for us. But we need to replace the HVAC system, not just repair it (it is beyond repair) and that is just not in the budget for us. Oh well. It certainly could be worse. The cooler weather always makes me think of others who have no where to go when it's cold and rainy. I would love to make a quilt to help someone less fortunate. Fall also brings food drives to help those in need and I like to participate in those too. Fall also brings our State Fair and my daughter's birthday and best of all---at the end---CHRISTMAS! I love it!
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM

The leaves changing, the cooler weather, and just the feeling of things being finished. And snow is just fine by me.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 AM
    Power Poster

I love everything about fall, most of all the cooler temp.s and the colored leaves. We have lots of big hills in this area and the scenery is just gorgeous.
    Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Oh do I EVER love fall weather!!! It means that it's time to hit the trails with our sled dogs - we have a small kennel of racing Alaskan huskies (different from Siberian huskies). They know when the air changes that it's time for them to GO & I love being with them on our trips through the trails as we prepare for both fall & winter races. It's an honor to join them as they do what they love to do more than anything... run!
    Old 09-19-2011, 11:55 AM

I love Fall. The light from the sun is different. Everything seems more peaceful. Pretty soon the trees will start turning. Fall colors around here are so beautiful. I love the trees turning mixed in with the Evergreens.