My parents have no heat!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:44 AM

I think everyone should know about the magical Eden Pure quartz heaters! I gave them as Christmas presents to all my family a couple of years ago! There's even a sale going on now for the Gen 1000 for $275!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

If possible make sure that the furnace is vented properly (snow build up on the flue) carbon dioxide poisoning can happen if the furnace is on but not working. If it's just that the power is out, than it should be okay. If there is actally something wrong with the furnace? get it checked ASAP!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM

No something is wrong with it.. they have electric.... My Dad is a very smart man. He is just a Dutchman and wants to tinker.... But Mom called bout it...
Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Hope Dad gets the furnace fixed. We just got our electric back on after 14 hrs. due to the snow, glad it's back
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Hey, this is the stuff quilts and hardy souls are made of.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM

My son's furnace went out last winter, and they used the electric heaters for the rest of the winter. He even bought a furnace to replace it (he can do that kind of work) but didn't put it in. Yes, I wonder about him, lol. Of course, since the ac is connected, dil had a few things to say. They ran a room ac and closed the door to the bedroom.

My children are primitive, lol. And nuts. It gets mighty cold in St. Louis. Well, I am guessing that this is being done this year, but maybe I should ask? But it's not my butt that will freeze, down here in Sunny Florida, lol. I strongly suspect my dil will not play this game another winter.

I don't like those heaters....think they are dangerous. I have a small heater, about the size of a boombox, that I used to heat up the bathroom before I shower in the winter. Yes, it does get cold in there in the winter here, but I am not turning on the furnace and over heating the whole house to warm up the chill off the bathroom for a quick shower. But I keep it away from the shower curtain, and lock the pups out of the bedroom before and during it's use.

Thanks to some real luck with yard sales, and all my crocheted afghans, we will be cozy this winter. I hope your parents get the heat back on soon....tho it certainly doesn't mean they can't keep cuddling, lol.