horrible weekend for tv

Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM

I don't like the horror stuff so don't watch any of it. I can watch something from DVR if I want, but this weekend was just a little bit of football. I've never seen NCIS but it looks like there are alot of fans on here so I might check it out soon.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM

It's sad that Halloween has moved so far from the origins of the festival in Ireland and Scotland. Yes it has always involved the tension between our world and whatever spirits there may be in another world, but it was never all about evil, and certainly not about zombies etc. It was a time when people believed communication with the spirits was possible, but that did not have to be horrible. There was also a lot of fortune telling and divination at that time of year and predictions for the year ahead, as people marked the end of the productive year. Children received gifts of nuts and apples to lessen the anxiety about the lean winter days to come.

I like the genuine Halloween traditions but I cannot abide the ghoulish nonsense (and the sugar laden junk food) that dominate these days.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM

Always catch the NCIS shows/marathons whenever they are on. Pass on I Love Lucy. Sunday is bad for TV. Watching some of the Law & Order:SVU. Hate all the gory/scary stuff.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

I vote for NCIS! Hubby watched football.
I don't care for the Halloween scene either~~
Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Even the food channel is a bore with Halloween themed shows. I've been watching "on demand" episodes of shows I've missed. I'm not crazy about all the Christmas shows coming up either.

Sandy
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peckish
Ugh. One of the reasons Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. Nothing but horror movies, dumb haunted house/ghost tv shows, and morbid documentaries about dead bodies.

How many of you like watching Halloween-themed tv? Or are you in my camp and ready to turn on an NCIS marathon? Or maybe I Love Lucy?
OH I am so with you on this one!!! I just started putting in movies that we wanted to watch, or left the stupid TV off. I told my wife we have over 650 channels of nothing this weekend..........

Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Peckish
Ugh. One of the reasons Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. Nothing but horror movies, dumb haunted house/ghost tv shows, and morbid documentaries about dead bodies.

How many of you like watching Halloween-themed tv? Or are you in my camp and ready to turn on an NCIS marathon? Or maybe I Love Lucy?
OH I am so with you on this one!!! I just started putting in movies that we wanted to watch, or left the stupid TV off. I told my wife we have over 650 channels of nothing this weekend..........

Billy
Hey Billy,
Good to see you online. I hope you are feeling better.
As far as this weekend TV. I don't like Halloween either. I do love Lucy too! Yeah for Lucy!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:21 PM

Right now my local PBS station is running Peter Seller's "A Shot in the Dark".... fun way to end the evening - no monsters, zombies, vampires or werewolves!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

I watch mostly PBS and sometimes the news. I don't watch even the news at election time. There haven't really been many shows that I enjoy lately.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

I have Dr. Who on DVR. Love the new Doctor.