Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt to buy or not? >

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

AccuQuilt to buy or not?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM
yel

i get e mails all the time got a 410 deal on the studio right now ....if you are close to a quilt show they have good deals there too
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 PM

I totally agree...I would not have quilted as many quilts if not for the Go/and studio.
Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
I'd give up quilting if not for the Accuquilt. It's a lifesaver for me. I wish I'd bought the studio, but am very happy with my Go.

Bella, tks for the tip on the paper. That's a great idea.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:50 PM

I too have been thinking about getting one. One of my questions - do end up wasting a lot of fabric when you use it?
Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM

Peckish, thanks for the tip on the website for diecutyourfabric.com. I just ordered a strip cutter die after comparing the prices with Amazon. This site has far better prices. I am hoping the shipping charges are not too bad since they do not give you the shipping cost and tax (if any) until the order is actually shipped. Are the shipping charges reasonable?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Thanks so much everybody for all of your input! There is one out there waiting for it's new home at my house...lol. Hubby said go for it! He does think it's a rip off how expensive the dies are. I know there are few I want for sure!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, been a long day at ER all day with mom in law. She is home and doing better.

Thanks again,
Linda
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jnuquilter View Post
I too have been thinking about getting one. One of my questions - do end up wasting a lot of fabric when you use it?
Not at all. The Youtube demo's can be misleading. When I use my Go, I pre-cut the fabric to fit the die shape. Most of my cuts have only 1/4" of waste fabric around them (and for triangles, this is around a shape that contains several triangles). It is very comparable to the waste I get using a rotary cutter and ruler (from straightening the edge, etc.). Plus the die cuts are *very* accurate. Triangles especially are nice because all the dog ears are cut off, making them very easy to align for sewing.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Not at all. The Youtube demo's can be misleading. When I use my Go, I pre-cut the fabric to fit the die shape. Most of my cuts have only 1/4" of waste fabric around them (and for triangles, this is around a shape that contains several triangles). It is very comparable to the waste I get using a rotary cutter and ruler (from straightening the edge, etc.). Plus the die cuts are *very* accurate. Triangles especially are nice because all the dog ears are cut off, making them very easy to align for sewing.
I don't use mine very much because of the fabric waste - but love the idea of pre-cuttting the fabric. I'll try that. It is a shame to have one and seldom use it.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 AM

I really like my go. I use it for strips. I do not find that I waste fabric. I just line up the fabric real close to the line on the die. I usually have less the 1/2 inch waste. I have quite a few other dies but have not used them. Too many projects I want to try...not enough time. My go was 1/2 off...so it was a good price. Worth the investment in my book!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:16 AM

I bought my Accuquilt Go about two months ago and I wonder why I did not buy it sooner! I love this little machine! I'm a fan of the Disappearing Nine Patch and you can cut a quilt out in a flash! And the squares are all perfectly cut. I also love the strip cutting - very fast and accurate! I would definitely recommend this to anyone. And there's no wasted fabric!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 AM

I have the studio.great its the best thing since apple pie,I too have RA and my hands don't move so well worth every penny in the long run